tonyh29

Things you often Wonder

On 17/07/2019 at 09:45, choffer said:

Why is it almost impossible to get decent (authentic) Mexican food in this country?

Yep, ask anyone and they'll say they love the el Paso box kits* so you expect the market is there but then trying to find a good Mexican restaurant is hard going, don't think there is one in Brum, Worcester has chesters but even that had to expand its menu adding other countries and chiquitos is trying to out shit restaurant Frankie and bennies which takes some doing 

*maybe that's the problem, they have the easy to cook at home market nailed, the thing is if you do their kit (They're ok) and then the nachos and all the bits and go nuts and do a bit more, they aren't cheap 

Don't we just eat Texas Mexican in this country? 

First time I've wondered this but I wonder what Alan Turing would have to say about being put on money.

26 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

First time I've wondered this but I wonder what Alan Turing would have to say about being put on money.

I think he'd say he looked enigmatic

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think he'd say he looked enigmatic

I think it would go down a bombe. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

“In yo face Boulton & Watt” would be my guess.

(I actually didn’t know those two were on the current £50 note, I assumed it was still the portly glumness of Houblon....shows how often I see that denomination)

18 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Man castrated and hounded to suicide by government ‘happy’ to be on fifty-pound note

Man castrated and hounded to suicide by government ‘happy’ to be on fifty-pound note

It is reported that the corpse of Alan Turing, a man who took his own life after being castrated by the government, is ‘happy’ to be chosen to appear on the new fifty-pound note.

“Well, let’s see, I cracked the enemy’s ‘unbreakable’ code during the second world war and pioneered the very computing technology that changed the entire world,” explained Mr Turing’s dead body.

“As a reward, my government castrated me because of who I choose to have sex with.

“So I guess being on a fifty-pound note long after my suicide totally makes up for it.

“Thanks for that.”

Mr Turing’s body then went on to explain what would have been a more fitting tribute.

“Well, frankly, I’d have taken a handshake and a ‘thanks Alan’ but if that was too much then perhaps not injecting me with Diethylstilbestrol, depriving me of one of the basic human pleasures, and ultimately leading me to believe that my life wasn’t living – that would have been nice.”

Sadly, there is no way to present Mr Turing with the tribute he would really like, so he has another idea.

“Well, if you really wanted to grant a nice tribute to me, then how about, in my name, telling all those bigots who don’t want gay people in their B&B, or don’t want to make gay people cakes, or who don’t want schools to teach that homosexuality is fine, how about telling all those people to shut up.

“And doing it in my name. That would be nice.”

Although Mr Turing’s corpse didn’t say all those things because corpses can’t speak, one can’t help thinking its the sort of thing it would have said if it could.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 18/07/2019 at 20:56, Shropshire Lad said:

“In yo face Boulton & Watt” would be my guess.

(I actually didn’t know those two were on the current £50 note, I assumed it was still the portly glumness of Houblon....shows how often I see that denomination)

Then I am opposed to the change, on principle. I want the Brummie lad kept on there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

@Ginko and his 'Art' again. It's fly tipping Ginko mate.

I don’t remember telling you guys about that... 🤔

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BOF said:

I watched the imitation game the other day and did my usual read up on the events afterwards ( fact checking ftw ) 

There is a case that he didn’t commit suicide 

the Apple next to his bed was never even tested for cyanide and there was no note , indeed the only note found was a to do list for the next day or two

he had however been working with cyanide and may have accidentally poisoned himself 

Guess we will never know for sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's always the third possibility that he may have been bumped off.

The lack of autopsy and false rumours about him being depressed etc could certainly substantiate the notion of it 

Wonder if any Russians were visiting Wilmslow cathedral in June 54 :) 

Edited by tonyh29

It's the classic elephant in the room, that one. We know a few childless couples, but we simply do NOT ask whether that was by choice or circumstance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

How long is a cotton-picking minute?

Between the light going green and the car behind you honking

No wait...

• Haha 1

Did the Mericans really walk on the moon in 69. I love a good conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

Â