tonyh29

Things you often Wonder

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

You know how, after being a couple for any decent chunk of time, people start asking when you're planning to have kids?  Then you tell them you don't actually want kids, and invariably you get the "Ah... you'll change your mind!" response.

I hate this.

I mean, I probably will change my mind. But it still pisses me off

I considered it might be for the "piss you off" thread rather than this one.

"When are you going to start a family?" is possibly worse, because obviously my wife and I don't consider ourselves a proper family without a sprog, nosiree.  Or when it's not "you'll change your mind" but "she'll change her mind", especially from someone who's never met my wife and doesn't know the first thing about her, much less that her words on the subject verbatim are "I'm not tearing my vagina in half just to piss all the money I'll ever earn away".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I haven't tried that yet, but see no reason whY i wouldn't enjoy it. 

I tried both the mango and peach version of Coca Cola and they weren't for me

Same, they taste too artificial for me although they do mix ok with a Rum.

The Raspberry just works for some reason.

Is there a time of year when all of your preferences regarding mailing lists and that kind of thing reset and companies are free to send you a load of shit again? And is that period right now?

Every time I get a mailing list email or spam I make a point of unsubscribing. So I don't get a lot. But every now and then I seem to get a flurry of emails from mailing lists I'm positive I've unsubscribed to previously.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Every time I get a mailing list email or spam I make a point of unsubscribing.

Mistake, you've just let them know you still exist and are active on that email. Just block sender and be done with it

If there was no spam,  pop ups, fake emails,  fake profiles, fake news or constant malicious attacks on PC's   

What if the internet is squeaky clean ?  

I wonder what it would be like to a) use and b) speed increase for all ? 

(I guess it's permanently in 2nd or 3rd gear as the usage and rubbish fills any overall increase in the system ?)

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If there was no spam,  pop ups, fake emails,  fake profiles, fake news or constant malicious attacks on PC's   

(I guess it's permanently in 2nd or 3rd gear as the usage and rubbish fills any overall increase in the system ?)

If only there was a website which you use every day where you could test it out...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Mistake, you've just let them know you still exist and are active on that email. Just block sender and be done with it

But they're often from companies I do want to get emails from, just not these generic marketing emails.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But they're often from companies I do want to get emails from, just not these generic marketing emails.

Ah, you're buggered then

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

"Oh we can't have kids ... ... the way WE do it".

That's becasue he is literally ****** an actual real Tax man in this scenario.  

2 hours ago, bickster said:
2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah, you're buggered then

100% agree there,  as @bickster has alluded to,  there is no way back now,  no matter what anyone else says.

You know Reggie Perrin & the beech thing,  that,  it's the only way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, limpid said:
3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If only there was a website which you use every day where you could test it out...

image.png.140d18893060dc62b735842e6e7c4c25.png

• Haha 1

OK,  this is a real one.

What is the maximum length of a ski jump where the jumpee can still survive and get a jolly good score to boot.

They land on a slope so it should all be good.  I will feel a fool if we have had this before.

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

OK,  this is a real one.

What is the maximum length of a ski jump where the jumpee can still survive and get a jolly good score to boot.

They land on a slope so it should all be good.  I will feel a fool if we have had this before.

Impossible to answer as all the hills are different. For example, the record in "Lugnet" Sweden which has Olympic sized hills, is 105 meters. If you go to Vikersundbakken in Norway the record is 254 meters, aka Ski flying.

All in all, the competitors are out of their **** minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the current official record (there have been longer jumps by 1 meter or so with a fall), the red zone is the "safe" landing part :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will feel a fool

Surely this type of service is available for you at De Wallen?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I will feel a fool

Surely this type of service is available for you at De Wallen?

Ha ha,  really good knowledge on Amsterdam,  one could say a little too good. 

It's just for Tourists tbf.

Â