Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

wondered how you get alopecia? doctors dont know!

Stress can apparently be a reason. What a horrible thing to get.

Do bald men with comb-overs actually believe people are fooled into thinking they have a full, lustrous head of hair?

Ask Anthony.

East Dakota is now called Minnesota. They broke West Dakota up into Montana and Wyoming as it was too big on its own.

*cough*

What about Virginia ?

She's fine, and sends her best regards to Eastern Australia.

East Dakota is now called Minnesota. They broke West Dakota up into Montana and Wyoming as it was too big on its own.

*cough*

What about Virginia ?

IIRC West Virginia seceded from Virginia proper as they didn't want to be part of the confederacy.

Shocking innit

I often wonder, what's the fastest any VT'r has gone past either a Traffic Patrol / Officer car on the motorway, or an actual real police car? For me:

Traffic Patrol, a respectful and steady 76.5 mph

Police Car, just over 120mph - I was a reluctant passenger! They were clearly either ending a shift or we were going so fast they didn't see us.*

* both the above claims are clearly fictitious and I would back down and admit to internet fantasy fibs should this become an issue

In 15 years driving I have amassed a grand total of 4 speeding points (that's 2x2pts and not at the same time). One was 37mph in a 30mph and the other was 57mph in a 30mph. Both of those '30' limits were classic Ireland. The latter (the 57) was a fully-functional dual-carriageway with no road works that has since had its speed limit increased and the other was a built-up main road that has had its limit increased to beyond my offence. I'd be reluctant to post here how fast I've gone while driving a car but the fastest I've been a passenger in a car on a public road was 167mph in a Porsche 911 on the Naas Road @ 3am (well before the road's recent upgrade).

I've only been pulled for speeding once. 47 in a 30. It was the Warwick road as it goes down towards Olton under the railway bridge.

It's very very hard to drive at 30 there. It was summer, I'd just finished work at 1pm on a Friday and was very overexcited!

3 points and a fine. Well deserved. Lucky me, though, they forgot to put points on my license, somehow!

In 15 years driving I have amassed a grand total of 4 speeding points (that's 2x2pts and not at the same time). One was 37mph in a 30mph and the other was 57mph in a 30mph. Both of those '30' limits were classic Ireland. The latter (the 57) was a fully-functional dual-carriageway with no road works that has since had its speed limit increased and the other was a built-up main road that has had its limit increased to beyond my offence. I'd be reluctant to post here how fast I've gone while driving a car but the fastest I've been a passenger in a car on a public road was 167mph in a Porsche 911 on the Naas Road @ 3am.

I've been pulled over twice, but no points.

1st was in Erdington. Pulled out of a road with all my mates in the car and just forgot to put my lights on. Was only 17.

2nd time was at like 2am, coming home from work. There's a 40 in Lichfield that turns into a 60 and I was doing 60 on it. The police car got right up my arse with no blues on, then suddenly turned them on. They knew what they were doing as well. Bastards.

Edited by StefanAVFC

In 15 years driving I have amassed a grand total of 4 speeding points (that's 2x2pts and not at the same time). One was 37mph in a 30mph and the other was 57mph in a 30mph. Both of those '30' limits were classic Ireland. The latter (the 57) was a fully-functional dual-carriageway with no road works that has since had its speed limit increased and the other was a built-up main road that has had its limit increased to beyond my offence. I'd be reluctant to post here how fast I've gone while driving a car but the fastest I've been a passenger in a car on a public road was 167mph in a Porsche 911 on the Naas Road @ 3am (well before the road's recent upgrade).

I was up to 9 at one point back in my teens , but I was a pretty reckless driver  ( as in speed , not driving style )

Now I'm older I'm still reckless but coppers let you get away with more when you are older than them  :)

not had any points for well over 10 years now ...

Why do people use silent letters ?

I mean in names like Aaron,Zlatan and Dzeko even in a word like lamb.

What is the point ? If the letter is not going to be pronunced then why have it at all ? Think how many trees could be saved in a few tears.

Where is the silent letter in any of those names. Every letter in those names directly affects the pronunciation. As for the question in general, *shrug* I dunno. Individuality?

Â