Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I often wonder why I wonder why.

I wonder why?

You got alzheimers

Yes, you're probably right there. 

Still. At least I don't have Alzheimer's. 

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder.

When the doctor sticks his finger up your arse to check your prostrate.

If you ask him to use 2 fingers instead of just 1 would you get a second opinion ?

I actually imagined a cat talking then. :D

A cat was talking talking then.!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do people really mean when after seeing a film, they say "the cinematography was excellent".

See, I would consider myself a bit of a film buff but generally I watch a film and decide if I like it or not. I'm not really interested in endlessly deconstructing it but it seems de rigeur to comment on the cinematography these days and I suspect that the majority of people who do so, simply mean they thought it looked good.

What do people really mean when after seeing a film, they say "the cinematography was excellent".

See, I would consider myself a bit of a film buff but generally I watch a film and decide if I like it or not. I'm not really interested in endlessly deconstructing it but it seems de rigeur to comment on the cinematography these days and I suspect that the majority of people who do so, simply mean they thought it looked good.

Yes, that's what they mean. But there's nothing wrong with using appropriate terminology. Some films, the cinematography jumps out at you - "Drive" is a classic example. You can't help but notice the long tracking shots, the lighting, etc. With others, it's all about the acting, or the plot, or the script, or even the music. I don't think you should be deconstructing every little thing, either, but anybody who loves films will notice good camerawork. 

• Like 2

Its when they start coming out with ’oh well you see he's broken the one eighty rule again there’ that you realise they've disappeared up their own orifice.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

True enough. 

Every time I see Dec of Ant and Dec on the tv I think surely you'll come out soon.

Really? I expect it from Ant...

You mean you know which one is which???  :huh:

True enough. 

Every time I see Dec of Ant and Dec on the tv I think surely you'll come out soon.

Really? I expect it from Ant...

You mean you know which one is which???  :huh:

Hey, I used to watch SMTV: Live back in the '90s!

Mainly for Pokémon and Cat Deeley.

Yes, that's what they mean. But there's nothing wrong with using appropriate terminology. Some films, the cinematography jumps out at you - "Drive" is a classic example. You can't help but notice the long tracking shots, the lighting, etc. With others, it's all about the acting, or the plot, or the script, or even the music. I don't think you should be deconstructing every little thing, either, but anybody who loves films will notice good camerawork.

I've a feeling I should have gone with my instinct (but I was trying not to sound like a film snob) and posted in the piss you off thread about some of the people I work with who think that claiming a film had fantastic cinematography makes them sound like they know what they're talking about. I think my issue is just that using that phrase (and often in regard to bang-average movies) seems to be more and more prevalent these days.

• 5 weeks later...

Why the hell would a Swiss family be called Robinson?

Maybe Robinson is the English form of a Swiss surname? (like how "Ivan" is the Slavic version of "John")

wasn't it as in the Swiss version of "Robinson Crusoe"  ? the family is called Zarmalt or something  from memory !!

wasn't it as in the Swiss version of "Robinson Crusoe"  ? the family is called Zarmalt or something  from memory !!

Actually, you're probably right, I'd forgotten that.    :bang:

Â