Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I have quite a few friends that are gay , I think based on how long I've known them that they would say if they had HIV , even if they wouldn't broadcast it on Facebook etc .... I believe the medication nowadays is quite good all most to the point that you can have HIV and go on for donkeys years

Saying that , They have all lost quite a few friends to AIDS though so I don't know if they are just lucky , not as promiscuous as others or just careful ...

One of my ex-bandmates is gay and HIV positive. Haven't seen him for years, but I know he's still around.

There was a series shown on BBC3 recently which tackled the issue of sexual health, I found it quite alarming how many people on it tested positive for HIV. I never realised it was quite so rife in the gay community.

One of my ex-bandmates is gay and HIV positive. Haven't seen him for years, but I know he's still around.

Interestingly I was looking at some Stem cell research on line last night and there was a case of someone who has been cured of HIV by accident with stem cell treatment he was having for Leukaemia

It appears that a certain % of the population are immune to HIV due to them having some gene(??) called CCR5 present in their system which the HIV virus is unable to unlock ..in this case the stem cell donor had this gene and so it was passed on and appears to have cured him

however it's not that simple as you need a bone marrow match as well , but it raises a lot of possibilities ....

There was a series shown on BBC3 recently which tackled the issue of sexual health, I found it quite alarming how many people on it tested positive for HIV. I never realised it was quite so rife in the gay community.

HIV has to find a way into a blood stream to infect somebody. It is very very rare to contract the virus from heterosexual sex. Obviously broadcasting this fact would be seen as homophobic and would be seen as dubbing HIV/AIDS as a gay disease.

Oh, and something I have begun to wonder.

How have Stoke City, EVER scored a goal?!!?

The population of the world would be about half of what is now.

So what you're saying is, we'd all have brilliant cars, live in Hoff houses, global warming wouldn't be an issue, and over population would just be a myth?

HIV has to find a way into a blood stream to infect somebody. It is very very rare to contract the virus from heterosexual sex. Obviously broadcasting this fact would be seen as homophobic and would be seen as dubbing HIV/AIDS as a gay disease.

Oh, and something I have begun to wonder.

How have Stoke City, EVER scored a goal?!!?

Which is why so many African women have it? Most African female prostitutes, in sub-saharan Africa will carry the virus. Indeed, in South Africa, females are more likely to have it than men, statistically. Its not rare at all. Check your facts before broadcasting a fact which appears you acknowledge yourself appears homophobic. There is a strain of truth, that its essentially carried in semen(and not in sufficient saliva quantities) and passed on sexually (lets ignore blood transfusions, ect). It just so happens you have a lot more "vunerable" and susepetable to damage tissues in the anus. Perhaps as I am clearly confused, you could tell me what "hetrosexual" sex is? Is a woman taking one in the back doors from a man, or indeed giving him a blow job, somehow not "hetrosexual?"

Its easier to spread, anally, but to describe it as a non hetrosexual disease is an argument lost 30 years ago.

Which is why so many African women have it? Most African female prostitutes, in sub-saharan Africa will carry the virus. Indeed, in South Africa, females are more likely to have it than men, statistically. Its not rare at all. Check your facts before broadcasting a fact which appears you acknowledge yourself appears homophobic. There is a strain of truth, that its essentially carried in semen(and not in sufficient saliva quantities) and passed on sexually (lets ignore blood transfusions, ect). It just so happens you have a lot more "vunerable" and susepetable to damage tissues in the anus. Perhaps as I am clearly confused, you could tell me what "hetrosexual" sex is? Is a woman taking one in the back doors from a man, or indeed giving him a blow job, somehow not "hetrosexual?"

Its easier to spread, anally, but to describe it as a non hetrosexual disease is an argument lost 30 years ago.

Ok fair enough that is what I meant, vaginal was a much more appropriate word than heterosexual. Never meant it was exclusive to homosexuals, just more common. Obviously transmission is determined by the method of sex rather than sexuality.

I have read that even with one HIV positive party, protected sex will only carry a 1 in 500 transmission rate, which makes South East Asia sound far less scary.

My post does show a total ignorance for the VT phenomenon of DHUTWU too!

A slightly aggressive tone there don't you think ??

Aids is quite high in Africa as you say (and Asia for that matter )

but if you look at the Uk stats in isolation then Aids is higher amongst the gay community , it runs at over 50% of the uk infections ... And I think the gay community itself are aware that they are high risk ... So I don't think it is a homophobic comment per say

• 2 weeks later...

What makes someone want to steal a wing mirror from your car? Then I realise what makes them do it when I find out it's going to cost £300 to repair

Thanks for that if you are reading this, hope you have a fab christmas.

Â