Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Let;s say 1kg of chicken. I assume you've kept it in the fridge so let's guess 3C. Chicken is cooked at 74C. So you need to supply 71C of energy to cook the chicken. The specific heat capacity of chicken is 2.72kJ per kg per degC so 71x2720 = 183120J.

A slap might generate about 10N which if perfectly converted to heat would supply about 0.1J. So you'd need to slap it 1.83 million times. Assuming no heat loss between slaps and that the hear would be evenly spread throughout the chicken. Or you'd need to slap it 1.83 million times harder than a typical slap. I not sure the "after" picture would look much like chicken.

Well you asked.

And I knew you'd answer...  ;)

9 hours ago, limpid said:

Let;s say 1kg of chicken. I assume you've kept it in the fridge so let's guess 3C. Chicken is cooked at 74C. So you need to supply 71C of energy to cook the chicken. The specific heat capacity of chicken is 2.72kJ per kg per degC so 71x2720 = 183120J.

A slap might generate about 10N which if perfectly converted to heat would supply about 0.1J. So you'd need to slap it 1.83 million times. Assuming no heat loss between slaps and that the hear would be evenly spread throughout the chicken. Or you'd need to slap it 1.83 million times harder than a typical slap. I not sure the "after" picture would look much like chicken.

Well you asked.

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c71d78a6c2e2e674d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always wonder why fairly prolific posters just stop posting. I hope its nothing serious as to why they have stopped. 

I wonder that too. One or two VTers have passed away and it's nice they have threads dedicated to them, but when I'm bored i hover over a thread author's profile pic and see that they haven't logged on in about 6 years (general chat topic, for example)...and i wonder if THEY wonder if their thread is still active, or if they're still with us ?

Folk come and go, i guess...hope that's all it is.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I wonder that too. One or two VTers have passed away and it's nice they have threads dedicated to them, but when I'm bored i hover over a thread author's profile pic and see that they haven't logged on in about 6 years (general chat topic, for example)...and i wonder if THEY wonder if their thread is still active, or if they're still with us ?

Laura is definitely still alive and kicking

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 17:05, Xela said:

I always wonder why fairly prolific posters just stop posting. I hope its nothing serious as to why they have stopped. 

Isn't there a dedicated thread for this? Can't remember what it was called. 

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:59, mottaloo said:

Don't know if I wanna call myself prolific, but I was a fasirly frequent poster untill 2015. Then I felt that it took too much of my time and decided to take a break. That break got rather long and I wasn't even thinking about VT for a long time. I had too much else to do. Now I'm back I'm here less than I was before that break. Which I think is good. For everyone. 😛 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Don't know if I wanna call myself prolific, but I was a fasirly frequent poster untill 2015. Then I felt that it took too much of my time and decided to take a break. That break got rather long and I wasn't even thinking about VT for a long time. I had too much else to do. Now I'm back I'm here less than I was before that break. Which I think is good. For everyone. 😛 

I hope you cleaned the Qu**n records after you used them, no one likes a sticky cover

• Haha 1

Â