Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is Pizza so expensive? 

you mean dominos or papa johns? they took over the delivery market across the country and can almost charge whatever. they do so many ‘deals’ that bring it down to a slightly less insane price, but it’s still way too high - I guess they capitalise on the idea of getting a great deal.

Depends where you live, but look elsewhere.

Dominos 13.5” Cheese and Tomato pizza, £16.99

https://www.dominos.co.uk/menu

Pizza Union 12” Margherita, £3.95

https://www.pizzaunion.com/#menu

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, a m ole said:

you mean dominos or papa johns? they took over the delivery market across the country and can almost charge whatever. they do so many ‘deals’ that bring it down to a slightly less insane price, but it’s still way too high - I guess they capitalise on the idea of getting a great deal.

Depends where you live, but look elsewhere.

Dominos 13.5” Cheese and Tomato pizza, £16.99

https://www.dominos.co.uk/menu

Pizza Union 12” Margherita, £3.95

https://www.pizzaunion.com/#menu

It's just mental, the ingredients cost almost nothing, the are made by kids on minimum wage. Pizza companies should be amongst the most profitable companies in the world, their margins must be staggering. 

OK probably no one ever buys at the headline price but even the half price cost is outrageous. 

I still buy them occasionally but always through gritted teeth hating myself for helping them get away with it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Don’t get many noses in Ruge. There is one who’s in the pub with his missus, though . Don’t know whether to do either of the DHUTWU, or just drop the nut on the simple clearing in the woods ?

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t get many noses in Ruge. There is one who’s in the pub with his missus, though . Don’t know whether to do either of the DHUTWU, or just drop the nut on the simple clearing in the woods ?

3rd option ‘volley them in the jaw’

• Like 1

Who decided which foods go in to the various meals we eat, like did it just evolve with time, through trial and error.

Just had a full english; bacon, egg, sausage, tomato, black pudding, beans, hash brown, toast. But why those ingredients? Why dont i have black pudding with other meals, why hash brown and not jacket potato?

Had gammon at the pub the other day and was offered pineapple and/or egg with it. But why? And why is that the same option everywhere in the country?

39 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Who decided which foods go in to the various meals we eat, like did it just evolve with time, through trial and error.

Just had a full english; bacon, egg, sausage, tomato, black pudding, beans, hash brown, toast. But why those ingredients? Why dont i have black pudding with other meals, why hash brown and not jacket potato?

Had gammon at the pub the other day and was offered pineapple and/or egg with it. But why? And why is that the same option everywhere in the country?

I know that the 'Ploughmans Lunch' was made up and pushed by the Milk Marketing Board to sell more cheese. So perhaps similarly, the full english was a marketing device by some abattoir somewhere and disgusting perverts jumped on the bandwagon with a big push for pineapple on an otherwise savoury meal?

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

and disgusting perverts jumped on the bandwagon with a big push for pineapple on an otherwise savoury meal?

I know this one for some reason... it was part of a campaign to get consumers to use tinned products, which they were generally sceptical of. The pineapple was loved but tins weren't so they introduced recipe cards for things made with pineapple, Ham and Pineapple being one of the first as no-one could afford fresh pineapple, so they bought the tins and that's how canned products began to take off at the start of the 20th Century

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Why have I only just discovered stretch denim? Makes jeans much more comfortable. 

Yep, for reasons I don’t know I was sceptical about them but they’re much more comfortable. 

Have to give a tip of the hat to @Stevo985 for suggesting river island jeans previously. Bought a pair of slim fit dylan jeans and they’re the best fitting pair I’ve had in years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep, for reasons I don’t know I was sceptical about them but they’re much more comfortable. 

Have to give a tip of the hat to @Stevo985 for suggesting river island jeans previously. Bought a pair of slim fit dylan jeans and they’re the best fitting pair I’ve had in years.

I was in River Island earlier and saw those jeans but had already purchased 2 pairs from Burtons (stretch straight). From now on I will only wear denim with spandex in them! 

• Haha 1

I think the key with River Island is they have about a hundred different "fits", all with weird names. **** knows what they all mean but you're almost guaranteed to find one that fits you :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the key with River Island is they have about a hundred different "fits", all with weird names. **** knows what they all mean but you're almost guaranteed to find one that fits you :D 

If they have a Dylan range do they have a Norman Cook range?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Fatboy Slim, possibly?

I got that bit, it was the Dylan bit that confused me. But I didn't see that bit in Shropshire Lad's OP. Now that I do it all makes sense.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Join me next week for the next installment of "Stevo tries to understand jokes and then explains them so they're not funny anymore"

• Haha 1

Â