Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I wonder how people who have lost someone in sudden and/or tragic circumstances such as a murder or an accident are almost immediately able and willing to share their feelings publicly such as posting on social media or talking to news media. If my wife or kids suddenly died, I'd struggle to function for days. I certainly couldn't post about it on Facebook or chat to a local news crew on my doorstep as others seem to.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:31, mjmooney said:

I used to think that, so I had a go at it. Not great, not terrible. 

Find yourself a band and have a go, I recommend it. 

speak for yourself I've got the recording :P

Seriously though , to be fair you randomly come up on my iTunes  and I'll still find myself playing air guitar at my desk during the solo on Dear Sir or Madman (is this the part you'll tell me that's not you playing ? )

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

speak for yourself I've got the recording :P

Seriously though , to be fair you randomly come up on my iTunes  and I'll still find myself playing air guitar at my desk during the solo on Dear Sir or Madman (is this the part you'll tell me that's not you playing ? )

Oh, that's me, all right. Thank you, I'm honoured. Here's the live version again (complete with random cutouts in the video). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I wonder how people who have lost someone in sudden and/or tragic circumstances such as a murder or an accident are almost immediately able and willing to share their feelings publicly such as posting on social media or talking to news media. If my wife or kids suddenly died, I'd struggle to function for days. I certainly couldn't post about it on Facebook or chat to a local news crew on my doorstep as others seem to.

I thought this earlier too! Not sure if this is what you are also referring to but I saw that the dad of the little girl who sadly died in the car that ended up in a river (story) posted on FB the same day?? I'd be an absolute wreck in that position!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

I thought this earlier too! Not sure if this is what you are also referring to but I saw that the dad of the little girl who sadly died in the car that ended up in a river (story) posted on FB the same day?? I'd be an absolute wreck in that position!

That was what triggered my post but people being able to post on social media or chat with a film crew in the immediate aftermath of the sudden death of a partner or child has surprised me for years. 

Edited by brommy

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I recently signed up for one of these online cheaper razor blade clubs (cornerstone)....i get to choose the frequency of future deliveries which got me wondering.....how often should you change your razor blade ? I don't shave every day .....i'd say a couple of times a week, more if i have a date lined up. I work 2 days then 2 nights with a maximum of 2 weekdays in the office, so don't need to shave for that reason too often.

My point is, these blades aren't cheap and apart from swapping them if my face is getting ripped apart i just wonder if other VTers have opinions on it ? I guess it's a matter of frequency of use....:wacko:

I have had mine about 5 years (Mach 3 with same blade). Shows you how often I shave!

Use a beard trimmer every week or so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Think of the sympathy 'likes' though! 

I jest, it has baffled me as well. A lot of people seem to live their lives through social media so I guess we shouldn't be surprised. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Absolute tragic story

A child has died after being pulled from a car found in a river near her family's outdoor pursuits business.

Kiara Moore, two, was found in the River Teifi in Cardigan on Monday.

Her father said she had been left in the car while the driver got cash from the office.

When the driver returned, the car was missing and initially feared stolen. A large police search followed and the car was found in the water just under two hours later, with Kiara inside.

In a Facebook post, which has since been deleted, her father Jet Moore suggested Kiara's death was an accident after the car had rolled down a slipway into the river.

Her mother, Kim Rowlands, also posted on Facebook that her "beautiful baby girl" had died, adding: "Due to my own stupidity, I will have to live with the guilt for the rest of my life.

"Mummy loves you baby girl and I'm so sorry."

The post has also since been deleted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-43468076

Edited by Xela

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I recently signed up for one of these online cheaper razor blade clubs (cornerstone)....i get to choose the frequency of future deliveries which got me wondering.....how often should you change your razor blade ? I don't shave every day .....i'd say a couple of times a week, more if i have a date lined up. I work 2 days then 2 nights with a maximum of 2 weekdays in the office, so don't need to shave for that reason too often.

My point is, these blades aren't cheap and apart from swapping them if my face is getting ripped apart i just wonder if other VTers have opinions on it ? I guess it's a matter of frequency of use....:wacko:

About every 6 months does me, longer if I can get away with it, then again I really dont shave that often, thats what the hair clippers are for, 

Facial hair bothering be, quickzzzzz gets it back down to non irritable length.

• Thanks 1

I follow Liam Gallagher on Twitter (big whoop you wanna fight about it?).

Some of the tweets he receives in response to his tweets are so cringe worthy it hurts me.

There seems to be this thing, whereby people send him clips of their kids singing songs he sings.. like.. why the **** would Liam Gallagher care if your kid sings his songs? What do you expect him to do?

Theres also this weird freak who dresses exactly the same as him, but he's called Sivan and is clearly a middle easterner who lives in the UK.  Liam tweeted about a cancelled gig due to a bad throat.  This guy tweets back "get well, as you were rkid".  As you were is the title of his album, and he sometimes signs off with that on his tweets.  Rkid is from him and his brother.  But this weirdo does it, with a photo of him and Liam.  Not together, but two separate photos of Liam and this wannabe.  He got a couple of funny responses. 

The last one, is of his old female fans, who clearly want to be his mom "please take as long as you need off to get better love, we need you in top shape to finish the tour" 

"Liam babes, rest yourself properly, get better fully"

WHO ARE THESE WEIRDOS?

he's probably not gonna wanna meet any if you, stop talking (tweeting) him like your best **** friends.

This also applies to many other celebs. I just notice it more with Liam and his fans.  Freaks. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Some of the tweets he receives in response to his tweets are so cringe worthy it hurts me.

There seems to be this thing, whereby people send him clips of their kids singing songs he sings.. like.. why the **** would Liam Gallagher care if your kid sings his songs? What do you expect him to do?

Theres also this weird freak who dresses exactly the same as him, but he's called Sivan and is clearly a middle easterner who lives in the UK.  Liam tweeted about a cancelled gig due to a bad throat.  This guy tweets back "get well, as you were rkid".  As you were is the title of his album, and he sometimes signs off with that on his tweets.  Rkid is from him and his brother.  But this weirdo does it, with a photo of him and Liam.  Not together, but two separate photos of Liam and this wannabe.  He got a couple of funny responses. 

The last one, is of his old female fans, who clearly want to be his mom "please take as long as you need off to get better love, we need you in top shape to finish the tour" 

WHO ARE THESE WEIRDOS?

he's probably not gonna wanna meet any if you, stop talking (tweeting) him like your best **** friends.

This also applies to many other celebs. I just notice it more with Liam and his fans.  Freaks. 

Fanboy/girlism.  It's weird but it's what social media is all about, back in the day they'd probably be stalkers and possibly end up shooting or stabbing the celeb.  Anyway glad you got it off your chest Lappy babes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

WHO ARE THESE WEIRDOS?

Give this man all the likes.

I completely agree and it is baffling. You see it more on youtube, some of the more popular celebrities on there get 30,000 messages on some of their videos with a vast majority of them being little messages like the above as if it was from one of their mates saying some pointless crap that will never be read by the person in a million years. I can only assume that its done on the pretence that now and again they will get a like or in twitters case a retweet. For some people its worth replying to 100's of tweets with inane pointless chatter just for that chance at the incredibly rare retweet (which in reality means jack all) but good luck to them I guess.

On 16/03/2018 at 19:14, lapal_fan said:

and I care what complete strangers think of me.

You could have fooled me with some of the batshit mental stuff you post on here :P

• Haha 1

On 16/03/2018 at 19:20, Xela said:

Get tanked up and do it at the Tap & Spile, that's what I do! 

I have the worst voice ever in the history of mankind but will go on the karaoke at any time. DJ usually won't put me on all night so I have to use a pseudonym to get back on. 

There is no place in Karaoke for people who can actually sing! 

• Haha 1

On 16/03/2018 at 19:20, Xela said:

Get tanked up and do it at the Tap & Spile, that's what I do! 

I have the worst voice ever in the history of mankind but will go on the karaoke at any time. DJ usually won't put me on all night so I have to use a pseudonym to get back on. 

There is no place in Karaoke for people who can actually sing! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I shave every other day or my skin goes raw. But I can make a razor last about 3 weeks plus. These razor clubs would end up costing me way more I reckon. The price of razor blades is a disgrace though. 

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

WHO ARE THESE WEIRDOS?

I've been reading the John Terry instawhack account recently and nearly every post is utterly cringe worthy. 

• Like 1

Â