Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

6 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Last night I ventured into Brum for the first time in years to see Ricky Gervais' show.  Thanks to the VTers who advised me to park at Five Ways.  It worked a treat.

Towards the end of the show a guy walked right to the front of the stage and interputed the show with "You used to be funny but you're not any more".

Gervais just said "And?". 

The audience was there because they do think he's funny and reacted accordingly. 

Security removed him from the Arena before he could say anything else.   

If you've paid money and think the show is rubbish,   why not leave and have a nice meal and a drink so that it hasn't been a wasted night.

Regardless of whether you like the artist concerned or not, what the hell did he think it would achieve? 

What was his dream scenario? 

Gervais is hardly going to say "Fair point.  I'll train to become an accountant instead.  Thanks for the career advice."

Nor is the audience likely to rise as one and shout "He's right you know.  Your work has decreased in quality in comparison to several years ago."   

You sure the heckler wasn't Stephen Merchant?  They seem to have stopped working together recently.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Then there's Frankie Boyle's approach to hecklers. That's another level, as you'd expect from him :D

When I saw him at Guildford someone in the audience was filming him on a mobile phone ... Boyles response was to say I hope you get cancer and after months and months of treatment you finally get cured and then whilst celebrating you drive home and end up in prison for killing someone drunk driving  , and whilst in prison you get raped every day and catch AIDS and die ( that wasn't the exact phrasing but the cancer , prison and aids bit was what he said )

it was uncomfortable to say the least ... in fact we booed him but if I could go back In time I think I'd walk out and hope the majority joined it

i like his act and I don't mind near the knuckle humour ... but that was cringeworthy and embarrassing 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

When I saw him at Guildford someone in the audience was filming him on a mobile phone ... Boyles response was to say I hope you get cancer and after months and months of treatment you finally get cured and then whilst celebrating you drive home and end up in prison for killing someone drunk driving  , and whilst in prison you get raped every day and catch AIDS and die ( that wasn't the exact phrasing but the cancer , prison and aids bit was what he said )

it was uncomfortable to say the least ... in fact we booed him but if I could go back In time I think I'd walk out and hope the majority joined it

i like his act and I don't mind near the knuckle humour ... but that was cringeworthy and embarrassing 

He did the same thing in Dublin. Maybe we saw the same tour. I think the only part of that I found uncomfortable was the amount of time it went on for. You're Frankie so by all means do the cancer, rape, AIDS thing but don't drag it out because, yes, we were all seriously starting to squirm by the end of it. 

My mate went to see Jim Jefferies a while back. He said at one point he spotted a girl in the crowd and said "Oh hi Kate" (or whatever her name was) and then looked at the bloke next to her and asked "is that your girlfriend?". He said yes, to which Jim replied, "I've f..d her".

Then he said, "Do you know my mate <another famous comedian>? Well he's f..d her as well." Then he went on to explain that this woman was someone who liked going round sleeping with comedians. There's a name for them but I can't remember what it is.

I love Jim Jefferies and I've probably remembered that story wrong, but I think it's horrible. The poor bloke!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2017 at 09:01, Paddywhack said:

I love Jim Jefferies and I've probably remembered that story wrong, but I think it's horrible. The poor bloke!

Although, its always nice to know that your girlfriend is a hoe before it gets too serious! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Although, its always nice to know that your girlfriend is a hoe before it gets too serious! 

Psst, want to see a picture of a dirty hoe?

Spoiler

7476099478_4968a0f4fb_z.jpg

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

At least he called a spade a spade. 

I think he called it a big tool. 

images-w150.jpg?1300886490

Â