Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Not a vegetarian, I love meat, but I think for cheese dont they have a cow constantly producing milk?

Yes. I think it's in Northamptonshire. Or Tibet. 

• Like 4

But as we wouldn't be killin them for their meat, and as the fields would be jam-packed with them, they could work on a nice, easy shift basis to give us the cheese we need :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes. I think it's in Northamptonshire. Or Tibet. 

Never had milk from the one in Tibet, the Northants one was only producing semi skimmed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

That's an interesting thought.  Cows wouldn't really have a natural predator in the UK would they?  We could end up overrun by the bastards.

Or possibly the opposite. Cows require a lot of work to feed, especially in the colder months so I suspect millions would potentially starve. The cow population would depend on how much land they could access, whether bulls were introduced by humans to cow herds and whether humans intervened in any other way - famine or disease control, for example. If cows were left to totally fend for themselves, I think lots of them would die and their overall numbers would reduce.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Will I get to 10,000 posts, before I get to 10,000 likes?

I'm going to monitor this situation and do everything I can to make sure you get your 10,000th like on your 10,000th post.

(10,000th. Is that the right way to write that?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I sometimes feel guilt when eating meat, mainly because I know how the poor bastards get treated in the slaughterhouses. 

Yeah but if you don't eat it then it's died for nothing ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I often whether the world could function normally if we stopped the killing of everything living that has feeling. As much as I love a steak and a burger, I like the idea of a world where no animals are killed. I reckon I could easily live off veggie food. Pizza, pasta, fried eggs, hash browns, chips, bruschetta.... cheese! Lots of lovely stuff without having to kill a peaceful, lazy cow minding it's own business in a field.

I did a spell as a veggie for about 3 years in my early 20's. Found it very easy to give up meat.

Worst part is eating out as most restaurants have a pretty poor veggie selection. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Keep your eye on the road though,  glance down now and then and get a photo if you can.  Good luck,  don't drive too fast just to get it ticking over either.  Stay on the road,  stay safe , stay seen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Has anyone told you about the '10,000 club' initiation ceremony?

*shudders*

Think Cameron and the pigs head...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

*shudders*

A pigs head probably won't be as bad as some of the lasses I've had my old chap in!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Xela said:

*shudders*

I just hit a Facebook landmark: 

Screenshot_2017-06-26-23-18-25.png

Â