Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Would Jack and Rose have lived happily ever after?

No, she would have got fed up with her 'bit of rough' and reverted to type soon after. 

I genuinely wonder who in their right mind from England is going to travel to the world cup in Russia.  I don't see it so much as a risk that you might get your head kicked in.  I see it as a guarantee.  Even some of their politicians want the aggro staged and pre-meditated ffs.

Granted, you probably won't be the only nationality to encounter trouble, and you couldn't pay me to go to it as an Irish fan if we do get there.  But I imagine you'll probably be top of their list of targets.

So if there is someone on here planning on going as an England fan, what is the thought process behind it?

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

So if there is someone on here planning on going as an England fan, what is the thought process behind it?

I'd almost go as far to say if you went to Russia as an England fan in the World Cup, I wouldn't have any sympathy for you if you did get a kicking. 

You know what's out there and you shouldn't go. I wouldn't travel to Raqqa selling bibles either!

May seem harsh but it should be boycotted. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

May seem harsh but it should be boycotted. 

My overall need to see a few manU / Arsenal / Spurz players get thrown together for 2 weeks to play utterly embarrassing garbage for 3 or 4 hours every 4 years has diminished to virtually zero.  England boycott the later stages by default anyway.  I don't have a spare 2 hours to waste on it anymore,  let alone watch them in all the games.

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

How anyone could work full time in a shop like Yankee Candle without being at least partially anosmic.

Yep. See also Lush. I find it unpleasant even walking past the shop.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone actually tell the difference between salted caramel, and normal caramel? It tastes pretty much the same to me. As far as I can see the only difference is, it's contributing to giving me hypertension, to go along with the regular diabetes.   

15 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Can anyone actually tell the difference between salted caramel, and normal caramel? It tastes pretty much the same to me. As far as I can see the only difference is, it's contributing to giving me hypertension, to go along with the regular diabetes.   

It definitely doesn't taste the same. If it does you're either not eating very good salted caramel, or you put lots of salt on your other foods so you can't detect salt very well.

(the other half is basically a professional chocolate taster, so I get lectured on this stuff :) )

16 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

How come caramel is always salted, these days?

Get with the times mate, its burnt caramel now!

Burnt caramel brownie with a burnt caramel latte

Who is burning the bastard caramel?! 

• Like 1

Â