Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I realise that this is a fairly academic topic and don't know if it has been discussed on here before but ……. when pet food manufacturers claim that their latest product has 'new and improved taste' , who is the geezer that performs this operation and what sort of salary do they receive ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2018 at 19:52, veloman said:

I realise that this is a fairly academic topic and don't know if it has been discussed on here before but ……. when pet food manufacturers claim that their latest product has 'new and improved taste' , who is the geezer that performs this operation and what sort of salary do they receive ?

According to the interweb they get about £30k per year and if you were wondering they spit it out and don't swallow ?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Do people still send Christmas cards or is it a thing of the past?

Alternative question - do I have no friends?

Current count - 2 received.

(One from my mother and one from the curry house).

31 minutes ago, choffer said:

Do people still send Christmas cards or is it a thing of the past?

Alternative question - do I have no friends?

Current count - 2 received.

(One from my mother and one from the curry house).

Haven't sent any in about 10 years (apart from to my parents). Not even cheap ones to work colleagues. 

I generally receive 1 per year - from my parents.

Edited by Xela

12 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Sometimes I wonder what's the point? You know?

The Point! is the sixth studio album by American songwriter and musician Harry Nilsson, released in late 1970. It was accompanied by an animated film adaptation directed by Fred Wolf, which aired a few weeks after the album's release in early February 1971 on the ABC-TV network. Its lead single, "Me and My Arrow", peaked at number 34 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Wiki

• Like 1

If I camped out in tiger territory, would I be safe if I had a vacuum cleaner and laid out some cucumbers? 😜

Edited by AJ

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why Stockport F.C.are called County, when Stockport is in no way a County.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Stockport_County_F.C.

Stockport County were formed in 1883 as Heaton Norris Rovers by members of the Wycliffe Congressional Church, and played their first recorded game in October the next year. Shortly after they merged with a similarly named club, Heaton Norris, and on 24 May 1890 changed their name to Stockport County with reference to the newly formed County Borough of Stockport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Borough_of_Stockport

Under the terms of the Local Government Act 1888 Stockport was constituted a county borough in 1889, independent of the county councils of Cheshire and Lancashire. The county borough continued to be divided between the two counties for judicial and lieutenancy purposes until 1894, when it was placed entirely in Cheshire.

Its nights and I'm bored 😂

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

What would people do if...

You see a post on VT that yreally resonates with you.  However you are leading the day on VillaTalk and the person who's post you have enjoyed is only 1 reputation point behind you.

Do you dish out a 'like'?

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I dish out 'likes' when I like.

The particular scenario you outline has never had to be a consideration for me, for some unknown reason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What would people do if...

You see a post on VT that yreally resonates with you.  However you are leading the day on VillaTalk and the person who's post you have enjoyed is only 1 reputation point behind you.

I never know how I'm doing in the likes.  I just assume I always win because my content is better than any of the shit I read on here :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â