Gérard Houllier - Au Revoir

blandy

I've seen post after post demanding Houllier be removed on this site, including many on the General's thread..Yet if one post goes up that was pro Houllier and showing support, it quickly gets moved away by the moderators..

This is a one sided view which I do not share..

You couldn't be more wrong. No posts are deleted (or edited) unless they contravene the site's guidelines. People can and do post all kinds of opinions, as evidenced by the post with which you agree.

Yes, I am "biased". Everyone is. My bias is towards wanting Villa to do well. In terms of Houllier I was "biased" in wanting him to succeed and because, as I said he comes across as a decent man and I admired his desire to play in a style that valued possession of the ball. I'm pleased he has left, because it's not worth risking his life to do a job that he doesn't need to do - he's a very wealthy man. I felt he struggled in his time at VP, and that all in all a parting of the ways was best for all parties. So yeah, "Guilty as charged". Biased.

I agree with lot of what Villan1957 is writing. It is long time since we had a period of injuries like this season. If we at what has happen since the january window opened and we had most of the players availble, we started at 17 and ended up in 9. If we only look at the last 18 games, we are number 7 and we picked up one point more the Spurs, only two points behind Arsenal and 3 behind Man City.

GH has nothing to be ashamed of.

I agree with lot of what Villan1957 is writing. It is long time since we had a period of injuries like this season. If we at what has happen since the january window opened and we had most of the players availble, we started at 17 and ended up in 9. If we only look at the last 18 games, we are number 7 and we picked up one point more the Spurs, only two points behind Arsenal and 3 behind Man City.

GH has nothing to be ashamed of.

We're not the only team that suffers injuries you know.

His best results came when he was in hospital/at home sick!

Top post Mr B!!

I rejoiced when the official news came through that he'd gone.

He lurched from 1 disaster to another IMO, and whilst I recognise that he had a very difficult job on his hands, I think by and large he did not make a very good fist of it.

Â