Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Slaven Bilic in the odds posted above. Anyone have an idea on how he's faring with Croatia at the moment? He seemed like an up and coming prospect a year or two ago.

no i dont, but he is the sort of person we might get - pretty unexpected and out of leftfield - as was houllier really.

is it just me ore have betfred just suspended all betting on the villa position?

As explained every night on this thread - most bookmakers suspend it every night.

sorry guys dont do a lot of gambling? just like watching the figures ha

With MON back on board we just need to sort out and improve our scouting and transfer dealing. MON knows the club from the back of his hand and the players who did well under MON. I want him back.

What the **** :| I think some people have lost the plot...

Do people think that little of our football club? I actually feel degraded that some fans could even think this, let alone say it. Mind boggling, completely mind boggling.

Rijkaard is surely going to be a dissappointment like Houllier was prolly a little more. I hope you ignorant people will witness this. Hire Rijkaard, Randy and show the fans how abysmal his managing skills are. 1 good spell with Barca with World-Class players makes things quite easier than turning a sub-top team into a top tier team. Besides Barca his other spells were horrorfying. Look at Galatasaray in their current state ending up on 8th place with their squad they should really be champs year in year out. Excuse my rage.

Sorry, I missed the bit where I even mentioned Rijkaard's name? :?

does anybody actually know precisely what happened with MON and the board. why was it such a big secret. MON never spoke about it and details from the board were sketchy and vague at best. they had settled their differences without having to go to tribunal despite the fact they supposedly parted on such bad terms. it didnt look good on MONs part but nobody knows the real reason. i'd have him back in a heartbeat because we know so little about the situation. maybe he wasnt happy with football decisions being made by non-football people. i mean look at the houllier debacle.

With the people remaining, I'd take Martinez as my first choice. Doesn't say much and he'd be a huge gamble but he's very good with young players, plays attractive football and I think he's done a good job at Swansea and Wigan. Problem is he's probably another manager who could struggle to command respect off certain players and is still learning tactically.

In my eyes he'd either do great or be a flop, don't see a middle ground.

He would flop. He is not ready yet. 24% win's at wigan says it all if you ask me.

I don't that's fair to be honest, it's 24% because he's managing a team like Wigan and not Aston Villa.

If he's going to be a flop the reason why should have no relation to that.

Roberto Martinez moved up joint fav

Wouldn't mind Martinez if we couldn't get Steve.

If he could apply his footballing philosophies with a better group of players it might work out great. Plus he is young enough to build something long term and give us a bit of much needed stability

Don't you have something better to do with your life than post crap on a messageboard of a team you clearly don't support?

I've supported villa my whole life. Don't you have anything better to do than get weirdly paranoid of outsiders on a football message board like some sort of suspicious online inbred?

Clown.

Do me a favour. I don't give two shits who you really support but please stop trying to have the thread locked and stop winding people up. Please.

With MON back on board we just need to sort out and improve our scouting and transfer dealing. MON knows the club from the back of his hand and the players who did well under MON. I want him back.

Do people think that little of our football club? I actually feel degraded that some fans could even think this, let alone say it. Mind boggling, completely mind boggling.

Rijkaard is surely going to be a dissappointment like Houllier was prolly a little more. I hope you ignorant people will witness this. Hire Rijkaard, Randy and show the fans how abysmal his managing skills are. 1 good spell with Barca with World-Class players makes things quite easier than turning a sub-top team into a top tier team. Besides Barca his other spells were horrorfying. Look at Galatasaray in their current state ending up on 8th place with their squad they should really be champs year in year out. Excuse my rage.

i totally agree with your view on rijkaard but totally disagree with you on mon!

does anybody actually know precisely what happened with MON and the board. why was it such a big secret. MON never spoke about it and details from the board were sketchy and vague at best. they had settled their differences without having to go to tribunal despite the fact they supposedly parted on such bad terms. it didnt look good on MONs part but nobody knows the real reason. i'd have him back in a heartbeat because we know so little about the situation. maybe he wasnt happy with football decisions being made by non-football people. i mean look at the houllier debacle.

Theres a little more to it, but basicly, MoN wanted full control over contracts and transfers, and Randy took part of it out of his hands by giving Faulkner more power.

Theres a couple of other things, but thats the beef MoN used to resign.

Sorry, I missed the bit where I even mentioned Rijkaard's name? :?

Sorry, posting on PS3, it's really impractical. That post is meant for the Rijkaard lovers.

Weren't Wigan finishing 11th or something before Martinez took over?

I know Wigan always play well against us but this idea that he has Wigan playing like Barca or something is just silly.

Exactly. Yes, he is a good up and coming manager with great prospects. But, this is a guy who is still learning his trade and he is very much in the early stages of his progression as a manager.

I would find it very unwise for Randy to choose a manager who is currently still developing his management skills and learning what it takes to manage at the top level; when we quite clearly need stability. I don't understand how anyone can say with certainty that they would expect him to provide stability. This is a guy who barely kept wigan up this season. We are in a transitional period, and what I do not want is someone who is a novice, and unproven.

Yes, his philosophy on how the game should be played has to be commended and I do have great respect for him as a manager, but we need someone who can steady the ship and at the same time move us forward. With Martinez, unfortunately, at this time, I believe it is far too early for him to take such a big job!!

And no Valhalla...That doesn't mean..........Steve as you like to call him will meet this criteria. NOT ONE JOT!!

Valhalla...........Don't go trying to redeem yourself now. Any suggestion you come up now with be deemed obsolete after your ridiculous 'McClaren turned England into the best team since 66' comment. Now move along. Thank you.

I don't have to redeem my opinion to anyone, that's called living in a democracy.

I stand by backing Steve mclaren for the job. If people like you want to be dicks about it then thats up to you. By the way,snoop dogg is word removed.

WRONG this is Villatalk, we are not a democracy, we abide by the LOL (Law of Limpid) and your opinion is against our laws, we will hang you and feed your penis to the goats.

(It's a bit like being on the LOST Island here, watch out for the black smoke (Richard).

Haha.....Brilliant...

But dodgy, you do know the black smoke wasn't richard.

He is on here :P he is trying to get me... help!

pmsl.

I may be ignorant, but I'm still impressed with you ability to foresee the future. Could I have the lotto number for the next few weeks also? Please!

Saw Slaven Bilic in the odds posted above. Anyone have an idea on how he's faring with Croatia at the moment? He seemed like an up and coming prospect a year or two ago.

no i dont, but he is the sort of person we might get - pretty unexpected and out of leftfield - as was houllier really.

Just checked his win percentage as Croatia boss - 69%. They are currently 2nd in their qualifying group, one point behind Greece. However, apart from a short spell with Hajduk Split, he hasn't managed a club side. Seems like a bit of a risk, and will he really leave Croatia in the middle of a qualifying campaign?

Theres a little more to it, but basicly, MoN wanted full control over contracts and transfers, and Randy took part of it out of his hands by giving Faulkner more power.

Theres a couple of other things, but thats the beef MoN used to resign.

yeah, i know thats what people usually think happened. where did this story of events come from or is it pure speculation?