Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May i suggest to you all, to check out the Belfry ? i have been given some trusty info that Villa are about to shock everyone ? !

Is it Colin Montgomery?

.......actually, come to think of it, I'd take him over Mclaren any day. :)

We have to be ruthless and go after Moyes and give him a big summer transfer kitty to get the players he wants in.

doesn't Moyes do better with limited funds.

when he's had money at Everton, hasn't he spent it unwisely?

i'm not sure, thats my impression.

I wouldn't call Cahill, Saha, Arteta etc "unwise".

I don't know if you've missed ender4's point?

Cahill and Arteta cost peanuts. Saha cost more but he's been injured a LOT, so I don't class him as one of Moyes' most successful transfers.

IIRC, Moyes didn't do much with the money from selling Lescott or Rooney..

(that said, I'd still like him here!)

We have to be ruthless and go after Moyes and give him a big summer transfer kitty to get the players he wants in.

I don't know if you've missed ender4's point?

Cahill and Arteta cost peanuts. Saha cost more but he's been injured a LOT, so I don't class him as one of Moyes' most successful transfers.

IIRC, Moyes didn't do much with the money from selling Lescott or Rooney..

(that said, I'd still like him here!)

He never got the money from Lescott!!!

Fellani i think is Evertons most expensive buy and you could hardly say hes been a flop for them.

Its irrelevant tho as no way will Moyes leave Everton - unless drugged and kidnapped - and lets face it our club couldn't poach an egg let alone a manager with two years left on his club contract.

Fellaini was a massive gamble at the price they paid for him (£15m) but one that appears to have come off.

Also took a chance on Jagielka at a time when I think we may have been looking at him as a possible right back (which is where he was playing for Sheff Utd befiore they went dopwn 2006/7) and turned him into one of the league's best central defenders.

Got Baines for £5m from Wigan too.

The supposed ITK on avillafan.com is still saying Ancelotti to Villa is on.

He's told the Beeb he's having a year off

Looks as if they have gone back on that now as well.

He has made some big money signings, not sure if they've been that unwise, a little uninspiring perhaps.

What he does well is blood youngsters and organise his teams.

I don't think he's ever had a real transfer kitty at Everton either, he's had money occasionally and he's used it to buy the type of player he felt they needed, e.g Fellaini. I think if he was given 30mil and the Villa team we have now he would do a great job with them.

I don't think he's ever had the chance to overhaul his team. Kinda like doin small repairs to your car to keep it goin at the same pace and occasionally being forced to spend big on a major repair or risk scrappin it.

I think at Villa he'd be able to do a full service.

Does any of this make sense. Im not even sure anymore.

Just get us a feckin manager before I lose my mind.

The supposed ITK on avillafan.com is still saying Ancelotti to Villa is on.
How does he explain Ancelotti's recent comments then?

I hate it when people do this, because while 90% of me knows it's BS, 10% of me wants to believe it because I'm just that kind of person. :(

Fellani i think is Evertons most expensive buy and you could hardly say hes been a flop for them.

Its irrelevant tho as no way will Moyes leave Everton - unless drugged and kidnapped - and lets face it our club couldn't poach an egg let alone a manager with two years left on his club contract.

How much was Fellaini? Around £13m-14m ?

I think he's a good player but that was a lot of money for someone who hasn't really shone in their team.

I remember seeing something in the Other Football forum about the Rooney money. There were at least 4 or 5 players that were sold again in a few years time because they were rubbish.

I wasn't arguing against Moyes anyway, I was just reiterating ender4's point because it seemed that someone misread it.

I actually think that if Moyes was given £50m+ to spend, he could get us some quality players.

And that's when you met me your new Villa manager.

"What... what happened?" You asked. "Where am I?"

"You died," I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

"There was a... a message board and it was skidding..."

"Yup." I said.

"I... I died?"

Yup. But don't feel bad about it. Everyone dies." I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me and another message board. "What is this place?" You asked. "Is this

the afterlife?"

No.. you’ve move on, I think it is the Summer Transfer topic, now get on with your work.