Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

If you look at our facilities, backing, board you can see we are in reach of the top 4. Ok Chelsea and Man City are the money bags. And Man United will no doubt be there or there-abouts.. But Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are gettable with the right manager.

But I think its paramount that we continue down the road of change and look to bring total football to Villa Park.

In line with what we see in France,Portugal and Spain, we need to chose modern day tactics and training methods,which would be a great start.. Lyon for instance have devolped players like Essien, Malouda, Benzema and Abidal.. I dont need to tell you who Barca etc have developed.. Yet we as a club are still way behind.

Getting Hughes or Moyes wouldnt take us to the levels I speak of..Purley because if they could, they would have installed such a system..

I dont want to go off topic here but I will use Houllier to explain a change in system.. Its not hard to see we had an improvement in the young players under his tenure.. Now whether these players improved because forced through injured seniors or not dosnt matter..What matters is that Houllier seen the potential in these players and nursed it. Bannan shown signs of great vision, so too did most others, clark became better on the ball etc..It was only slight improvements purely because his tenure was slight.

But could you imagine such improvements over a longer term? We could as a club produce better quality footballers.

So the next manager should be a man that can do such things..Moyes and Hughes dont tick that box. Does Ancelotti? Im not sure..

But to carry on from where Houllier leaves off would be a good appointment.. I suggested Deschamps, a younger version of Wenger he may be? Rijkaard could also be a manager that focuses of total football that could filter through the whole club..

Thoughts?

I think you actually may be Didier Deschamps

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting carried away with the Ancelloti thing, and it is the stuff of the transfer window, the dream and aspirations for the future and above everything the thing we all cling to, hope. However the two other lines of comment are really enjoyable too, self deprecation, and I am disappointed nobody has mentioned Darren Ferguson. Mr Orange is in the land of PNE so sadly unavailable. The other line I actually the type of football we play. Houlier had a big impact in a short time on this and we should expect the next manager to build on this we need to be attractive AND successful to bring the fans in consistently to make us a potential top 4. If I read it right Ancellotti will look to the importance of the playmaker role, one that since Merson left we have not had, and I think Makoon looked like he was destined to fill. The wages were a threat to the stability of the club and if we finish the job by offloading Heskey,Beye and Warnock that job will have been completed. It is on the pitch that the future of the club is decided and we need attractive and successful football to do it.

Ancelotti hasn't really had out and out wingers in his time at Chelsea.

What is his record like with wingers before Chelsea?

non existent at Milan and if i remeber at Juventus as well. Prefers playmakers to wingers

He always had attacking fullbacks. Cafu, Jankalovski, Oddo, Zambrotta, Pancaro, Serginho and Kaladze etc. Besides Pancaro, Kaladze and to an extent Cafu, each of these players started their careers in more attacking positions.

Pirlo sat in infront of the back four, Gattuso chased everything, Seedoorf was the link whilst Kaka played the channels, the middle and pretty much anywhere tbh. Somehow found Sheva and goal. I wouldn't say Milan had no width, they just went about it differently and to be fair it worked. Lets be honest, players like Zambrotta and Cafu would have been world class wingers for many clubs despite them playing at full back for Milan.

I think by this time tomorrow we'll have a better idea of whether or not Ancelotti will be coming to Villa. If he's not I imagine he will have ruled himself out by then possibly (if the reports about him having Saturday and Sunday are true) and if he might be then I expect we'll be hearing more suspicious rumors but nothing from the man himself.

If you look at our facilities, backing, board you can see we are in reach of the top 4. Ok Chelsea and Man City are the money bags. And Man United will no doubt be there or there-abouts.. But Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are gettable with the right manager.

But I think its paramount that we continue down the road of change and look to bring total football to Villa Park.

In line with what we see in France,Portugal and Spain, we need to chose modern day tactics and training methods,which would be a great start.. Lyon for instance have devolped players like Essien, Malouda, Benzema and Abidal.. I dont need to tell you who Barca etc have developed.. Yet we as a club are still way behind.

Getting Hughes or Moyes wouldnt take us to the levels I speak of..Purley because if they could, they would have installed such a system..

I dont want to go off topic here but I will use Houllier to explain a change in system.. Its not hard to see we had an improvement in the young players under his tenure.. Now whether these players improved because forced through injured seniors or not dosnt matter..What matters is that Houllier seen the potential in these players and nursed it. Bannan shown signs of great vision, so too did most others, clark became better on the ball etc..It was only slight improvements purely because his tenure was slight.

But could you imagine such improvements over a longer term? We could as a club produce better quality footballers.

So the next manager should be a man that can do such things..Moyes and Hughes dont tick that box. Does Ancelotti? Im not sure..

But to carry on from where Houllier leaves off would be a good appointment.. I suggested Deschamps, a younger version of Wenger he may be? Rijkaard could also be a manager that focuses of total football that could filter through the whole club..

Thoughts?

I think you actually may be Didier Deschamps

I think he may actually want to be balls deep in Deschamp, it's a little scary :shock:

This Ancelotti rumour has got my brain buzzing.

He is for me, not only the best manager available but in my own opinion, one of the most reputable 10/15 managers in the world. At my little club that hasn't won anything of note for nearly 30 years. It's these kind of club defining moments that only come your way once in a blue moon, a chance to take a few crumbs from the big table on the back of what would no doubt be considered one hell of a coup throughout world football. It would take big balls and one hell of a sales pitch both of which Randy has in my view, but does he have the cash still? He has pumped one hell of a lot into the club and it hasn't happened as quickly as any of us would have liked. Maybe it's shit or bust, just maybe he'll roll the dice.

Or maybe we'll get Steve McClaren in for another 4 years of "meh".

Carlo is in Birmingham today :!:

Fact or just idle gossip?? or attention seeking ;-)

None of the above. Lets say strong rumour?

Hearsay then haha!!

I prefered LibertyX to be honest. ;)

:D i don't think many on here will get that

Hearsay then haha!!

Haha probably not.

Hearsay then haha!!

It's pure and simple to see what is being said. Just a little anyway...

Hearsay then haha!!

It's pure and simple to see what is being said. Just a little anyway...

:D:D:D