Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

How do you know this SteakChips, Hughes has proven he does look around for players. Samba, Santa Cruz, Dembele.

Its not good enough..

He has never taken a single club into the CL in all his time in management.. He hasnt the skill to build a decent squad, method, style etc his approach isnt good enough. HE NEEDS MEGA MONEY TO ACHIEVE!

Any manager needed mega ££££'s to achieve has very little knowledge of the world of football.

Like ive mentioned before; For 1 x Essien = 25m+ there is another one coming through for 2m, its just a case of knowing where to look.

Deschamps has better knowledge of where to look than that of Hughes. Hughes will only spot the player once he has made it into the light. Deschamps not only can get some of the players in the light, he can also bring in the ones that are about to get into it. Its like Wenger finding Van Persie and Diaby etc.. Knowledge is what makes a great club, not JUST MONEY!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Moyes or Hughes. If we want to get into Europe, we need a manager who knows how to play the style of football needed to be succesful as well as the abilty to buy in players that are good enough.

It's a shame about Gh, as I happen to think he was on the correct path to getting Villa to a higher quality of football. I know a lot of supporters will not agree with me, but we are all entitled to our opinion.

All I hope is that whoever comes in doesn't breed the brainless kick and rush foorball.

Well the polls says it all.

It's pretty insane to believe that Chelsea sacked him. I mean, he won them a double, and according to Wiki only lost 22 games with them, out of 109. His win percent is 61%. I know you all don't look at the numbers with real importance, but look at Ancelotti's record with Milan, but two Champs League titles, loads of Cup trophies from Italy and the double with Chelsea, it speaks for itself.

Quite obvious who we should sign up as manager between Carlo and Hughes. God I hope we sign the Italian. Would be a real coup.

Randy has spent a good deal of money on the club, it looks great, the stadium is still being developed and will look great, training looks great, wehy spend all that money on the outer casing of the club and have a meh manager?

car analogy again..

having a ferrari with a focus engine

looks nice but doesnt improve the cars performance

lets just get the real ferrari engine inside the ferrari - ancellotti

i have that hope and optimism that we will get a fantastic manager who will move us forward, i just have that awful fealing we will end up meh with hughes and be treading water and spunking money out looking a t a top 10 finish each year with no chance of breaking into the top 6 and then stepping up from that.

to me that is a huge huge waste of an almost unheard of opportunity we have to get it right now, the timing is perfect, our finances our perfect we have cleared out most of the dead wood with 5 left to remove from the club then the new manager will have their own team in place before the start of the season and there are several top quality managers who are available for hire. we have most things right at our club, we really just need a focus when it comes to the football side of things, someone who gets the players excited, has the indepth knowledge, has the contacts, has the respect of the fans and the players.

do we want to keep the best players we have and build on them or carry on each season seeing our best players leave? an uninspiring manager will speed up the process of good players leaving a commander such as ancellotti would have players WANTING to stay, wanting to learn.

please Randy, get the ferrari engine

How do you know this SteakChips, Hughes has proven he does look around for players. Samba, Santa Cruz, Dembele.

Its not good enough..

He has never taken a single club into the CL in all his time in management.. He hasnt the skill to build a decent squad, method, style etc his approach isnt good enough. HE NEEDS MEGA MONEY TO ACHIEVE!

Any manager needed mega ££££'s to achieve has very little knowledge of the world of football.

Like ive mentioned before; For 1 x Essien = 25m+ there is another one coming through for 2m, its just a case of knowing where to look.

Deschamps has better knowledge of where to look than that of Hughes. Hughes will only spot the player once he has made it into the light. Deschamps not only can get some of the players in the light, he can also bring in the ones that are about to get into it. Its like Weger finding Van Persie and Diaby etc.. Knowledge is what makes a great club, not JUST MONEY!

Just to disappoint you, Deschamps will NOT be the AVFC manager no matter how much you try and justify it.

Can't believe people havn't voted for Deschamps. Young manager with a vast knowledge of the game. If anyones going to know young up and coming players it's him, plus I can see him staying with us and building up a completely new philosophy at this club (like houllier would have tried to do). I mean, he took Marseille to their first Ligue 1 title in 18 years. He's the man for us!

What do people want. It's like a Christmas list on this forum with a trip to the moon as the fans favourite. Ok sounds good, but what do you want to do when you get there? Lerner clearly has respect for both the club and Hughes, he met him prior to O'Neills departure and has kept tabs on him. Stability of his investment is important and Hughes, however he is seen on forums is likely t be Lerners choice. I may choose my kids school on whether I like the head, I don't choose my football team the same.

Please Please not Hughes Can't stand his constant whinging and moaning. Never got anything constructive to say unless its to go into detail about how crap the officials are. Totally unproven for me. Had an ok spell at Blackburn playing shit football and just getting his team to kick **** out of everyone. Man City saw him for his limitations and soon bombed him out. Leaving him at Fulham which is about his limit.

We need to appoint a manager that will make players and supporters sit up and take note - It has to be Ancelloti or as much as it pains me the fat Spannish waiter.

totally disagree. Hughes as my first choice.

Just out of interest - why?

Because where I'm sitting, I see Hughes as a manager who has never won a competition in his managerial career. When spending big sums of cash the signings have turned out to be poor value for money and the who blaming the referee thing is tiresome.

I'd also say that if, as many suggested, Houllier's training caused the injury crisis we faced for most of the season - then perhaps we need to worry about facing the same wbut with a now much smaller squad - as Hughes had to deal with a similar crisis last season.

I'd also be fairly disappointed as it'd no doubt mean another chance for Dunne and Ireland - two of the biggest wasters ever seen in an AVFC shirt.

Having said that, it's better than McClaren or any of the ones floated around after O'Neill flounced off. Nothing to get excited about, mind.

Think Hughes really is the most logical choice. with the season we've just endured the one thing we need is stability. To me the Hughes may not be the most exciting or ambitious appointment but he will come in and steady the ship after the calamity of the last nine months.

I just think a lot of short termism on here at the moment. Can you honestly see a Deschamps or Ancelotti sticking around for more than 1 or 2 seasons? If (Insert Massive Club) came calling they'd be gone. A la Hughes at Fulham.

Long term wise Hughes is the best candidate and for him and us it's mutually benifical challenge to kick on to the next level.

Not stability again...Why do people love this word so much??

We need a re-build..So isnt it better to build right?? And use the opportunity to take the club into the modern era of football? Use the oppotunity to make that change?

Why blow it to just be same old in the name of stability?

Its the time to get Villa into the modern European era of football. Get us back on the map with great football, great players, etc... I cant believe some want to throw this away with the appointment of Mark Hughes.

Has Hughes been at a club that has (a. been at a club good enough to win something i.e Fulham and Blackburn and B) been at a club long enough to build his own team

Getting Fulham to 8th and Blackburn to 6th and 7th can be seen as a massive success for them.

Shaun Wright Phillips, Santa Cruz (second time), Wayne Bridge......

Hughes would be a very, very average appointment and hardly one that would help keep the better players we have at the club.

To be honest, other than Darren Bent, the rest of them are all replaceable. And Hughes has a very, very good track record working with centre forwards - who, in turn, seem to like playing for him.

Santa Cruz was incredible for him at Blackburn, enjoying the best goalscoring season of his career if I'm not mistaken.

Craig Bellamy was so good for him at Man City that he was being talked up as a PFA Player of the Year (09-10) contender at Christmas before Hughes was dismissed.

Likewise, Emmanuel Adebayor started very well that same season and looked like the truly world class player he has it in himself to be during that notorious game against Arsenal. Ignoring the pitch-long dash to antagonise their supporters, he absolutely ran the show in that game.

Carlos Tevez has been outstanding for every manager he's played under but he has been vocal in his support of Hughes, as evidenced by the warm welcome he extended to him when Fulham visited Eastlands last season, and clearly enjoyed a better relationship with him than he does with Mancini.

Bobby Zamora briefly looked substantially better than he'd ever looked in his misfiring career during the first half of last season until he broke his leg last winter.

And Clint Dempsey was superb, both alongside Zamora and in his absence, nicking an unlikely amount of goals whilst developing into a very accomplished player.

Bottom line, centre forwards seem to love playing under Mark Hughes and they almost uniformly become better players in the process. I predict that Darren Bent will be even better next season if Hughes is in charge - and that is an enticing prospect indeed.

Can't believe people havn't voted for Deschamps. Young manager with a vast knowledge of the game. If anyones going to know young up and coming players it's him, plus I can see him staying with us and building up a completely new philosophy at this club (like houllier would have tried to do). I mean, he took Marseille to their first Ligue 1 title in 18 years. He's the man for us!

As much as I agree that Deschamps would be a fantastic appointment, the best we could make, I'm not sure he's ever done much to suggest he has a fantastic knowledge of up and coming players. The only gem he's unearthed at Marseille is Azpilicueta, all his other signings were well established players (I think we all knew about Remy and Gignac for example!). He has brought a couple of youngsters through (the Ayew's) which would undoubtedly be important here.