Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

But it's a superhero game you see :D

That's only a half=joke, because AA captured the Batman feel perfectly. (I haven't played AC yet but I intend to once the price goes down a little)

I know what you mean, as, if it wasnt batman in the game and just some random guy it MAY have got 7 or 8/10's but its due to the fact that it was pretty much THE first decent batman game to ever come out, that was what got it a few extra marks. Is that what you mean? Not taking anything away from it though, its still an excellent and well polished game though and one of my favourites this gen. (Being a massive batman fanboy helps though i guess).

To me games like COD, gears of war and even assassins creed to me are the truly overhyped games that arent as good as they are made out to be, all are games that are guaranteed 9 out of 10's in the rags but to me when i play them feel more in line with 7 or 8's at most out of 10. If that makes sense.

I know what you mean, as, if it wasnt batman in the game and just some random guy it MAY have got 7 or 8/10's but its due to the fact that it was pretty much THE first decent batman game to ever come out, that was what got it a few extra marks. Is that what you mean? Not taking anything away from it though, its still an excellent and well polished game though and one of my favourites this gen. (Being a massive batman fanboy helps though i guess).

To me games like COD, gears of war and even assassins creed to me are the truly overhyped games that arent as good as they are made out to be, all are games that are guaranteed 9 out of 10's in the rags but to me when i play them feel more in line with 7 or 8's at most out of 10. If that makes sense.

AA definitely got a load of extra marks because of the branding. iirc i gave it 3 1/2 out of 5, which is what it deserved imo, and what most people wouldve given it had it not been a batman game

i agree to some extent about some of the other titles youve mentioned. too many people are willing to give big games bit scores based on their franchise, but that's what we're seeing with arkham city too. it doesnt deserve anything close to perfect marks

i have to disagree with your Assassin's Creed comment too. the first one was dire, but every game since then has been at the very top of the pile in the genre. that series and the uncharted series are the best things about gaming right now

Loving this so far. looks massive and they capture the darkness of it very well.

Not sure I agree with Pete about Unchartered. That to me just seemed like a more uninspiring Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider 2 on the PC is one of the best games I have played (given the time it was released and other games around it).

I personally don't get on with the graphics on the PS3, I don't see how people say that console is far superior. Human facial features don't appear anywhere near refined enough.

The only game that visually wowed me on the PS2 when I had that was Metal Gear Solid 2, and even that looking back at it looks like Time Crisis.

Arkham City and any Batman game will always gain extra percentage in ratings because it's Batman. That's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just the way it is.

it's certainly not a button mashing game, yes you can go into fights like that but there are many other ways of dealing with people.

I distract and take them out one by one like Predator, takes longer but much more satisfying.

I've absolutely battered this game since Thursday morning. Off work Thursday and Friday, I'd done everything I needed to do around the house so I've literally done nothing the last 3 days but play this.

I've 100% completed the main story and all side quests with the exception of the Riddlers, I'm currently on 222/440 solved. 440 riddles though... christ that's a lot! Just free-roaming at the moment trying to mop some more up.

Sad I know, but it's not very often I sit at home all day playing a game on release. This and Skyrim are the only 2 I'll do it for this year.

**** hell! Think I'm on 7% story completion and 15/440 riddlers :lol: Good work, man

408/440 riddles done. I have 6 Riddler trophies in the Bowery left to get and the rest are Combat ones. Phew. 4 days of solid gaming.. How I've missed those days :P

Got about an hour and a bit in I think last night, finally.

First thing to hit me is that I've totally lost the touch with the combat - I got fairly decent at Arkham Asylum, but time away means I think the highest combo I've nailed so far is 10 hits :oops:. Hopefully it'll come back to me.

Other than that the short time I've had with it has left with 2 main impressions - immediately, the production values feel stacked through the roof, it feels like a game that was polished and polished and then buffed up with a serious love of the Batman canon. Secondly, and I hope this feeling wanes, is that the open world-esque thing works far less well than Arkhams tight focus hub style setting. In the first game it was literally tight, there was exploring to be done and places to find and go, but the hub was small enough that you didnt feel overwhelmed by it. City, even if it's not the largest open setting, feels a bit loose - there's not quite that same drive to go to the next thing, you meander towards it following the radar in my experience. I hope that feeling disappears as I become more familiar with the setting and open up things to ease getting around. I think it will.

Only other things I can say about is that Kevin Conroy's voice work is a bit off - he sounds bored, and a couple of times the voice work has sounded like it was a really crappy recording (could be my tv, admittedly), and that the Catwoman as DLC thing is a bit of a dick move - the game opens with her and it seems like she's going to be a significant player in the game's storyline. Without her in playable in your game I can't help feeling you would be missing out a little at least. I understand why they've done it but I'm sure they could have have had a different solution.

Got about an hour and a bit in I think last night, finally.

First thing to hit me is that I've totally lost the touch with the combat - I got fairly decent at Arkham Asylum, but time away means I think the highest combo I've nailed so far is 10 hits :oops:. Hopefully it'll come back to me.

Other than that the short time I've had with it has left with 2 main impressions - immediately, the production values feel stacked through the roof, it feels like a game that was polished and polished and then buffed up with a serious love of the Batman canon. Secondly, and I hope this feeling wanes, is that the open world-esque thing works far less well than Arkhams tight focus hub style setting. In the first game it was literally tight, there was exploring to be done and places to find and go, but the hub was small enough that you didnt feel overwhelmed by it. City, even if it's not the largest open setting, feels a bit loose - there's not quite that same drive to go to the next thing, you meander towards it following the radar in my experience. I hope that feeling disappears as I become more familiar with the setting and open up things to ease getting around. I think it will.

Only other things I can say about is that Kevin Conroy's voice work is a bit off - he sounds bored, and a couple of times the voice work has sounded like it was a really crappy recording (could be my tv, admittedly), and that the Catwoman as DLC thing is a bit of a dick move - the game opens with her and it seems like she's going to be a significant player in the game's storyline. Without her in playable in your game I can't help feeling you would be missing out a little at least. I understand why they've done it but I'm sure they could have have had a different solution.

Without spoiling it, there is a bit in one of Catwomans missions later on that has a big impact on the games direction.

the best cure Chindie is how I did Oblivion the second time around.

I am doing ALL the side quests and augmented reality tests to get them out the way. Anything which doesn't effect the main story but I can level up as I go on.

which means the main storyline will be harder, but so will my character.

already upgraded three times in under an hour of gameplay.

Not sure I agree with Pete about Unchartered. That to me just seemed like a more uninspiring Tomb Raider.

have you played the second uncharted?

it's the only one I have played.

baffled at how you can decide tomb raider was better tbh. uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever made, streets ahead of pretty much everything else in the genre. third one is another massive improvement too

have you played the second uncharted?

it's the only one I have played.

baffled at how you can decide tomb raider was better tbh. uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever made, streets ahead of pretty much everything else in the genre. third one is another massive improvement too

I just didn't like the story. I thought it was very weak. Visually stunning and the movement of the character was awesome.

I probably take on storyline to games a lot more than other gamers, so if the storyline isn't great for me then it will never get 9 or 10/10.

however games which have a great storyline but are flawed in some way I would give it more credit than perhaps it's due.

I just remember being a lot more impressed with Tomb Raider early games at the time than Unchartered 2.

for third person combat/action you won't get better than gears, it Lancers the competition useless.

I loved Uncharted 2 and look forward to 3. Only problem I have is tge combat. Too much of it, and some of it is utter utter shit and protracted. It's a very directed experience, but that's not necessarily a problem.

Smashed this game over the weekend, havent put it down. What a **** amazing game. Completed the main story, the AR training, the Zsasz side quest, the Bane side quest, the political prisoners side quests and collected 300+ of the riddler trophies. Still got a bit to do on the Deadshot mission and also the mysterious bloke who follows you about. Aint even seen Killer Croc yet, is he even in the game? Ive heard plenty of thugs mention him but ive not seen him yet.

Basically ive still got quite a bit to do but i know im just gonna be aching for more when i 100% it.

Â