Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

It's great so far, I've only just got to the 2nd Catwomen part though - the DLC is working fine as far as I can tell. There's a bunch of stuff to do as you run/glide/grapple between the main story objectives, and I'm really liking how characters just randomly pop up when you're not expecting it. The Riddler challenges though, man, I imagine it will take many hours to do all 440 in game ones, and then theres the other challenge things aswell. Will get more into it over the weekend, probably

Theres a lot of issues with the Catwoman code and save/DLC corruption going about so I'm holding off diving straight in...

Ill give you an hour before its in the disk tray :winkold:

Nearly 9 hours before that happened ;). Installed, not yet played. Savouring it, will pick up freebies tomorrow at work to get me even more hyped before getting stuck in.

My copy arrived earlier.

Theres a lot of issues with the Catwoman code and save/DLC corruption going about so I'm holding off diving straight in... :(

Ah man really? I'm downloading the bundle at the mo and will fire it up after that - it did patch when I first loading the game though, is that a fix for those issues or something else? Guess I'll find out if it **** up eh

It's not a ubiquitous problem but a bit more widespread than they might like. Things like missing/not working Catwoman codes, confusion on skin codes (they only work in the challenge rooms and on second playthroughs), issues with dlc corrupting and saves going funny too, etc etc. Just hope you're unaffected, which most likely you will be.

This has gone onto the back burner for now. I'm looking forward to playing it eventually as I really enjoyed Asylum. But with being so engrossed in Dark Souls at the moment (I even finished off Rage tonight so I could give DS my undivided attention) and Skyrim and SR3 coming out in the next few weeks my initial enthusiasm has faded a little, and to be honest I wouldn't be able to give it the time it deserves.

I'll conserve it for when there's a decent title drought :)

Grab it in a Steam sale at Easter or something. Arkham Asylum is always on sale when there is a holiday weekend, I expect Arkham City will be the same by spring.

Got in on that deal at HMV. Traded in Rage and it cost 99p. Plus I got a free t-shirt. Not a nice one but it will do for around the house. Very gpod deal in my eyes.

Anyway, I'm heading home now and this is going straight on.

I've absolutely battered this game since Thursday morning. Off work Thursday and Friday, I'd done everything I needed to do around the house so I've literally done nothing the last 3 days but play this.

I've 100% completed the main story and all side quests with the exception of the Riddlers, I'm currently on 222/440 solved. 440 riddles though... christ that's a lot! Just free-roaming at the moment trying to mop some more up.

Sad I know, but it's not very often I sit at home all day playing a game on release. This and Skyrim are the only 2 I'll do it for this year.

I've absolutely battered this game since Thursday morning. Off work Thursday and Friday, I'd done everything I needed to do around the house so I've literally done nothing the last 3 days but play this.

I've 100% completed the main story and all side quests with the exception of the Riddlers, I'm currently on 222/440 solved. 440 riddles though... christ that's a lot! Just free-roaming at the moment trying to mop some more up.

Sad I know, but it's not very often I sit at home all day playing a game on release. This and Skyrim are the only 2 I'll do it for this year.

**** hell! Think I'm on 7% story completion and 15/440 riddlers :lol: Good work, man

Just managed my first 50+ combo, man that felt good :D

Although I haven't been able to get a 50+ yet, it really is a joyous feeling seeing a large group of thugs in a room/alley somewhere knowing that they're about to get spanked hard. Also like the Interrogation stuff as it always makes Batman look awesome grabbing some poor sod by the throat. :D

i will hopefully get this next month as my work **** up my pay :(

based on what you ahve played thus far which ones better this or first?

This. Awesome cruising over the roof tops looking for trouble. Bigger fights and easir to quick use gadgets in fights.

just like the first one, this game is hideously overrated imo

Just out of interest, why exactly do you say that? I kind of know what you mean but its not exactly 'average' is it really?

just like the first one, this game is hideously overrated imo

Just out of interest, why exactly do you say that? I kind of know what you mean but its not exactly 'average' is it really?

its not average no, but some are going on like it's some kind of watershed moment. its essentially a third person button masher, with a few refinements

its a good game, but it's not a great one

AC2 & brotherhood, for example, shit all over it and aren't a million a miles away in terms of genre and execution

Â