Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

Arkham Asylum, the first game Dem is talking about, is out and has been for a fair old while. Its a great game and cheap now.

The sequel, Arkham City, is out in October and looks very good indeed as the stuff in this thread attests.

I thought Demitri said he was playing City, crossed wires me thinks!

Cheers all the same Chindie.

• 2 weeks later...

Bugger.

I was planning on being a bit of an idiot and grabbing the Collectors Edition of this. I love the game, I like my Batman stuff, and staff discount would make it slightly less of a rip off.

Batman-Arkham-City-Collectors-Edition.jpg

(I just wanted the statue...:oops:)

Anyway, annoyingly, these hopes are dashed. Firstly it's being offered as an online only item by our place so I can't claim staff discount without doing a couple of annoying things first to get a copy into store, which is a pain in the arse. Without the discount I'm not crazy enough to drop the cash it'll cost.

Secondly, see that picture? There's something missing. A proper game case. The game comes in a paper sleeve attached to the artbook it also comes with. What a **** stupid idea. I'm convinced this is just another use of CE releases to combat preowned sales, but it's just dumb - a paper sleeve not only doesn't afford the same protection of even the shitty eco cases they're releasing things in these days, but it also is just more awkward to store. You're supposed to slip the whole artbook/sleeve thing in behind (or under) the statue, which then goes back in the box, which goes on the shelf... It can't have cost any more to just give us a proper case, surely?

Looks like I'll be ordering the steelbook from Shopto.

Also, they're going crazy on the different skins. There's talk theres another one being given away with the release of the Green Lantern on home media. And theres a load of others knocking about. It got so bad with the different bonuses and editions for this game that the Community Editor of the official site had to put together a guide of who's getting what, where on release.

dare i ask how much thats gonna cost? £60 my guess is

that is retarded regarding the case i agree

£60 is most places price, believe the RRP is £70. I'd have been getting it for £45-52.50 :(.

The lack of a proper game case is idiocy from the buyers POV.

• 1 month later...
Four HUNDRED Riddler challenges!!

:shock:

...And you need to get them all if you want to take down the Riddler :).

I'm a bit said that the trivia challenges have been scaled back a fair old bit, replaced with lots more trophy collecting...

...but I ain't kidding myself, I will do it.

Worth noting - Catwoman, who has a decent chunk of the single player campaign dedicated to her (and for collectibles fans/those wanting to face off the Riddler, she has trophys etc that only she can get), is effectively this games Online Pass - your copy will come with a code that accesses her.

So if you buy second hand, chances are you're actually missing out on a chunk of the game's campaign.

Serial numbers for console games soon enough.

I was just about to put that offer up too. Fantastic offer and apparently it runs for a week.

I've almost completed Rage so will be taking advantage of that deal.

If anyone hasn't played Rage already then I would suggest giving it a go and then trading it in. It's a good bit of fun and is certainly worth playing in my opinion. Then a few days later you can trade it in for Arkham City and only pay 99p when you do.

Apparently you can get Forza 4 for £25 in some places too, although I don't know where. Therefore you could even play a bit of that and then trade it in.

My copy arrived earlier.

Theres a lot of issues with the Catwoman code and save/DLC corruption going about so I'm holding off diving straight in... :(

Ah man really? I'm downloading the bundle at the mo and will fire it up after that - it did patch when I first loading the game though, is that a fix for those issues or something else? Guess I'll find out if it **** up eh

Â