• A Young
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Delph 28)
    • Agbonlahor (for Reo-Coker 68)
    • Bradley (for A Young 89)

Just got back from the match. Great day throughout and we fully deserved the win today. We were solid at the back (for most of the match) and looked very dangerous going forward. It was a great way to end the season.

Then there was of course the joy of the blue scum going down. I have uploaded a video to YouTube of some of the singing going on. Apologies for the poor quality and my hands shaking. You can see it here:

Anyway, it's been a great day to be a Villan! :D

Very good win today - always nice to beat Liverpool!

Blues and Blackpool going down - yes!

Finishing above Sunderland - yes

Also got a text from a Newcastle mate about 5 o'clock telling me how they were going to finish above us and it was easy.

Great day - up the villa!

Villa sign Bent, desperate. Liverpool sign Carroll for at least £10m more, logical. Well, wonder who was desperate and who made the logical signing. :D

Good performance today.

Stars for me: DJ, NRC, both FBs and Friedel

Did well: All of the rest.

Ref was crap.

Gary Macallister - did well UNTIL he bought of NRC for Gabby. Another absolutely clueless substitution that we did well to survive.

What a fantastic day. In the morning I lopped 4 minutes off my personal best for a 10k race in the Hill West 10k in Sutton Park. In the afternoon we beat Liverpool hard on the heals of beating Barcelona Lite (aka Arsenal). To cap a perfect day Blues get relegated with their team of Villa cast offs.

The atmosphere at VP was brilliant. Loved the "going up, going down' singing. I think for the last 10 minutes nobody was watching the game. They were all glued to their radios cheering the scores as they came through.

As for MotM it has to be NRC. Loved the aggression, loved the hard tackling, loved the commitment. He has got to stay.

Only bizarre bit was bringing on Gabby on the left for NRC, Very high risk IMO but GMac got away with it.

Still buzzing and cannot wait for MotD.

Final thought. If Craig Gardner leaves Blues will he suddenly become a super fan of the team he goes to? Just a thought.

**** yes, what a day!

9th is an awesome way to end a bollocks season.

Who'd have thought we would beat Arse and Liverpool after the Wolves game?!

**** yes!

Keep NRC please and it's quite obvious Ash is off. Looking forward to next season. Albrighton was good when he came on I thought too.

the only thing that saved this abortion of a season being wiped from my memory is the shite going down!!!!!

shame the 'going up, there going down' has never really got going properly (even back in 2003) actually in the stand, everyone joins in at different times

but it was still class even everyone doing different bits at different times

hahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

there is a team that we all know that come from birmingham

they were in the premier league til they played tottenham

pav scored in the final minute, the referee blew up

and now those blues and white bastards are in division 1

the old classic needs a re-work!!!!!

You just have to stop yourself and remember that we played well today and beat liverpool.

Was way to focused on what was going else where to take it all in during the game :P

Gary Macallister - did well UNTIL he bought of NRC for Gabby. Another absolutely clueless substitution that we did well to survive.

And yet we won the game. If we'd lost you could criticise him for the substitution but as it is it was the right decision. You have absolutely no grounds to say it was the wrong thing to do when the decision is vindicated.

Just seen highlights.. Dunne handball, he is fast becoming a liablity in every game he plays.. even last week he was lucky not to be sent off and give away a penalty.

That said I liked the patient passing we had, yes it probably looked frustrating but the patient build up did the trick and Albrighton's cross in was great.. Downing's control and technique was superb too with the goal.

Â