Paulo Di Canio set to Manage Swindon

Shoody

Would love to see him at Villa. Always entertaining, never a dull moment and has done an excellent job at Swindon as far as I can tell  :) 

No thanks, he can FRO as far as I'm concerned. He showed massive disrespect to our club earlier this season.

rocket polisher.

I don't really want a manager based on the fact that he's a bit of a larf.

He's done an ok job at Swindon. But given he's an absolute mentalist, the stick he gave us earlier in the season and his racist past, I'd give that one a wide berth.

Would love to see him at Villa. Always entertaining, never a dull moment and has done an excellent job at Swindon as far as I can tell   :)

No thanks, he can FRO as far as I'm concerned. He showed massive disrespect to our club earlier this season.

rocket polisher.

well he wasnt far off his opinion

I don't really want a manager based on the fact that he's a bit of a larf.

He's done an ok job at Swindon. But given he's an absolute mentalist, the stick he gave us earlier in the season and his racist past, I'd give that one a wide berth.

I dunno I would have took Maradona over McLeish last season, we would have had some sort of entertainment

Agree with Trent, I don't want reincarnated Mussolini to be our manager.

really? horrible comparison. Di Canio might have similar political views but to compare him to what Mussolini did is quite ignorant or naive

Agree with Trent, I don't want reincarnated Mussolini to be our manager.

really? horrible comparison. Di Canio might have similar political views but to compare him to what Mussolini did is quite ignorant or naive

I never compared him to what Mussolini did. You implied that yourself..

And I wasn't being serious. :)

dicanio_tattoo.jpg

Edited by AVFCforever1991

West Ham fans actually want to get rid of Big Sam (contract up in the summer) and replace him PDC. I do feel a bit sorry for Sam sometimes, driven out of Newcastle by deluded fans and looks like the same might happen at WHU. It was proved to be the wrong thing for the barcodes and I expect the same will happen at the 'ammers.

West Ham fans actually want to get rid of Big Sam (contract up in the summer) and replace him PDC. I do feel a bit sorry for Sam sometimes, driven out of Newcastle by deluded fans and looks like the same might happen at WHU. It was proved to be the wrong thing for the barcodes and I expect the same will happen at the 'ammers.

well you know that West Ham won the WOrld Cup so have to play this perfect passing game they have been bizarrely labelled with

Id love Di Canio at Villa.

Would certainly be able to get behind him a lot more than the useless **** we have in charge at the moment

You would be able to get behind a Fascist who likes to give Nazi salutes?

Each to their own but I wouldn't be joining you.

Would certainly be able to get behind him a lot more than the useless **** we have in charge at the moment

I always thought he did the saluto romano which is different to a Nazi salute. It was used by Roman soldiers to greet their comrades ?.

I always thought he did the saluto romano which is different to a Nazi salute. It was used by Roman soldiers to greet their comrades ?.

Well, I know what I think, the below is taken from an article in the Telegraph some years ago.

Football hooliganism and Right-wing extremism have historically made easy bedfellows, but this is no ordinary case.

As a boy, di Canio was initiated as an "ultra", or extreme supporter, of SS Lazio (the initials stand for Societá Sportiva), a team founded by Italian army officers in 1900 and the preferred club of Benito Mussolini, "Il Duce", one of the founders of fascism.

The player has, in his autobiography, praised Mussolini as "basically a very principled, ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood".

He has the word "Dux", the Latin equivalent of "Duce", tattooed on his arm.

Lazio's connection with fascists has not waned over the years. When di Canio gave his first salute, in a game against the city's other major club, Lazio's hated rivals AS Roma, last January, the crowd included Il Duce's granddaughter Alessandra Mussolini.

"What a delightful Roman salute!" she exclaimed afterwards.

"I was deeply moved.

"I will write him a thank you note."

There is still no black player in the Lazio squad and only a few years have passed since the Curva Nord, the stand where the ultras congregate for home matches, displayed a banner "Team of Blacks, Crowd of Jews" to taunt their counterparts at Roma, who are traditionally extremely Left-wing in leaning.

Di Canio, who has also played for Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton Athletic, maintains that he cannot see what the fuss is about.

He told the Italian news agency Ansa yesterday: "I am a fascist, not a racist.

"I give the straight arm salute because it is a salute from a 'camerata' to 'camerati'," he said, carefully using the Italian words for members of Mussolini's fascist movement.

"The salute is aimed at my people. With the straight arm I don't want to incite violence and certainly not racial hatred," he said.

Make your own mind up, I know what I think.

Â