Paulo Di Canio set to Manage Swindon

Shoody

Swindon Town are understood to be on the verge of naming Paulo Di Canio as their new manager.

The Robins suffered relegation out of League One in 2010/11 and will begin next season in the fourth tier.

A summer rebuild at the County Ground was expected and the changes look like they will start in the dugout.

Di Canio hinted on Wednesday that he expected to complete a return to English football in the next few days, seven years after bringing to an end a Premier League career which took in spells at Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham and Charlton.

Pride

The Italian said at the time: "In the next few days something will happen, perhaps in an inferior division.

"English football is loyal, full of pride and I believe I'm close to returning to England. It is the country that I most love from a football standpoint."

The 'inferior division' of which he speaks looks like being League Two, as Swindon prepare to hand him their managerial reins.

The Robins have been in the market for a new coach since severing ties with Paul Hart on 28th April, the man who came up short in the club's quest to beat the drop.

On SSN.

His management will probably go like another volatile character Roy KEane. GOod start cause of reputation but being too fearsome and will terrify the players.

though he could prove us wrong

One of the club's sponsors have pulled out as a result of Di Canio's appointment. They don't feel his Mussolino-advocating views are in sync with the multi-ethnic nature of Swindon as a town.

Probably a fair point I'd say.

Good for them, wouldn't be surprised if others follow them.

Very fitting for him to manage a bunch of knuckledraggers.

Got a problem with Wiltshire people ?

Yes. I'm from Oxfordshire :)

Do you have 6 toes and are you married to your sister ? :D

Very fitting for him to manage a bunch of knuckledraggers.

Got a problem with Wiltshire people ?

Yes. I'm from Oxfordshire :)

Do you have 6 toes and are you married to your sister ? :D

old friends I take it? :winkold:

No one makes friends with their kind :winkold:

Â