Do you think the England manager should be English?

TRS-T

Do you think that the England manager should be English?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the England manager should be English?

• Yes, without a doubt
    • Should be the best man for the job regardless of nationality
    • No, English managers aren't good enough

I think it's xenophobic to put nationality over ability.

So international football is xenophobic?

Messi has the ability to play for England but not the nationality.

International football has to put nationality over ability otherwise it would just be club footballl...

No.

International football is about players from different nations competing against each other. I'm a firm believer that England should only have natural born English players playing for it.

However, managers are different. The nationality of the manager makes little difference. Managers aren't the ones that play in the games.

However the manager affects the game - he chooses the team, tactics, subs etc.

If we're going to have all English players, then it makes sense to have an English manager as well.

Having a foreign manager does not sit right with a lot of people - it is against the spirit of international football (i.e. our best vs their best.)

International football is about our best players vs their best players.

International football has to put nationality over ability otherwise it would just be club footballl...

No.

International football is about players from different nations competing against each other. I'm a firm believer that England should only have natural born English players playing for it.

However, managers are different. The nationality of the manager makes little difference. Managers aren't the ones that play in the games.

If we're going to have all English players, then it makes sense to have an English manager as well.

Having a foreign manager does not sit right with a lot of people - it is against the spirit of international football (i.e. our best vs their best.)

Let's say we were to have a match between the North and the South.

The North has Northern players such as Rooney, Gerrard, Downing, Carroll, Milner etc

The South has Southern players such as Ferdinand, Terry, Defoe, Bent etc

You wouldn't appoint Harry Redknapp to be the manager of the North would you.

Because Harry Redknapp is not a Northerner.

The North would be managed by a Northerner and the South would be managed by a Southerner.

It makes sense.

No.

Let's say we were to have a match between the North and the South.

The North has Northern players such as Rooney, Gerrard, Downing, Carroll, Milner etc

The South has Southern players such as Ferdinand, Terry, Defoe, Bent etc

You wouldn't appoint Harry Redknapp to be the manager of the North would you.

Because Harry Redknapp is not a Northerner.

The North would be managed by a Northerner and the South would be managed by a Southerner.

It makes sense.

Again, it wouldn't matter, as it's about the players not the managers.

Probabley, but think Redknapp will get more out of the players than Capello currently is.

really, Redknapp has no tactical nous and this will be his reason for coming unstuck. PLus he has a man-crush on Defoe which would limit your team. Also doubt he would take job as no transfer fees for his extra-curricular activities ;)

It'd be the end of Bent's career though.

Good, rather he continues playing for Villa and not run risk of injury or tapping up

. With you for some reason nationality is more important.

Yes because this is international football.

The clue is in the name.

It's not called National football though.

That is like saying a woman is a man because they have Man in their name!!!

. With you for some reason nationality is more important.

Yes because this is international football.

The clue is in the name.

Exactly, international football, not international managing.

Players, managers, coaches, physios, doctors - everyone should be English.

doesn't matter what nationality the manager is, England are always built up to be something they are not, they are always in amongst the favourites for any tournament they manage to qualify for and they always never live up to the hype, its always the same old players getting picked on media reputation, who always flatter to deceive and until we get a national manager with the balls to actually pick a player on merit, the international team is dead to me. I cant remember the last time I wanted to watch an England game, tell a lie, it was in the world cup against Germany, I supported Germany. They had a team of hungry young players and were good to watch, unlike our shower of shite

What about the people who sell refreshments at Wembley? Should they be English too? :lol:
:bang:

The manager's an important part of football, having a foreign one just isn't right to me.

However, all English managers are pretty shite right now, so I'll vote for Phil Brown.

What about the people who sell refreshments at Wembley? Should they be English too? :lol:

Now your being silly...

The manager is representing our country.

The people who sell refreshments are not.

If you can't understand why people would want the England manager to be English then there is no hope for you mate...

Now your being silly...

The manager is representing our country.

The people who sell refreshments are not.

If you can't understand why people would want the England manager to be English then there is no hope for you mate...

Oh I understand why. In an ideal world the England manager would be both English and the best man for the job ability-wise. However, that's not really possible right now, therefore ability should come first.

England are always built up to be something they are not, they are always in amongst the favourites for any tournament they manage to qualify for and they always never live up to the hype

That's only in this country. I can't see any people outside of England holding the team in high regard.

England will get knocked out by the first decent side they face. The players' excuse will be that they couldn't understand Capello and we need an English manager blah blah blah.

Â