General Chat

maqroll

Wenger blames Villa for loss of Samir Nasri

Arsene Wenger today blamed Aston Villa for Samir Nasri’s decision to move to Manchester City.

Speaking after the player had agreed a five year deal at Eastlands, Wenger said that Nasri, 24 had been forced to quit Arsenal because of Villa’s failure to replace the likes of Gareth Barry and James Milner.

“I have been in England for over ten years now and it has always been Villa’s job to provide City with their best players” said the Frenchman, “we are being punished for their failure.”

“If we are going to hold onto our best players Aston Villa and not Arsenal must provide City with what they need.”

Nasri had trained with Arsene Wenger’s squad on Tuesday in the vain hope that Roberto Mancini would opt to sign Fabian Delph, but the Gunners’ chances were dashed when the City manager saw the player in action.

Speaking after concluding the Nasri deal Roberto Mancini made it clear that his days of shopping at Villa Park were now over.

“Their best players have already played for Manchester City and the last time I went to Villa Park I was attacked by Stephen Ireland dressed up as a chicken, everyone told me that London is good for shopping and that is where I will go from now on” said the City chief.

When i read the first few lines I thought it was real :oops:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uefa told fenerbahce they werent allowed to play, fenerbahce ignored it so uefa wrote to the turkish FA and told them they would punish them if it went any further

point remains though, what do uefa do if they get found not guilty? it will be a proper shit storm

Dealing with Fenerbahçe is just the tip of the ice berg in this saga. Beşıktas and indeed Trabzonspor are as much involved. Yet Beşiktas are still in the Europa Cup.

The TFF have dragged their heels as much as the possible could so they could pass the deadline for Champions League and UEFA's visit on Monday showed that they were getting impatient over their decision. This is creating a shit storm over here wıth debates over multiple channels going on for hours.

One thing that is certain. Nothing will happen. Fenerbahçe will be found guilty but nothing apart from the UEFA forced ban from the CL will happen. The system is corrupt and Erdoğan is a vocal FB fan. They'll see the ban as the last of it and just carry on as normal.

Missed this on Monday, but RC Strasbourg have been put into liquidation following a High Court ruling. Plans are in place to have local entrepreneur Frédéric Sitterle acquire the club's assets ahead of a complete reconstruction that will ultimately see them playing in the 5th tier of French football.

How did I miss this piece of news? :lol:

Telegraph"]Benni McCarthy labels West Ham United vice-chairman Karren Brady 'the devil with a set of t*ts'

Benni McCarthy, the former West Ham striker, has responded to a personal attack by the club’s vice-chairman Karren Brady, calling her the “devil with a set of tits”.

In an extraordinary interview with the Johannesburg-based Sunday Times, the 33-year-old South African also launched a stinging attack on European clubs, accusing them of victimising and intimidating African players. McCarthy left West Ham with a £1.5 million pay-off in April after a disastrous 16 months in which he made only 14 appearances, failed to score a single goal and was fined £200,000 for failing to lose weight.

On his departure Brady used her newspaper column to dismiss him as a “big fat mistake” and said he had cost the club more than £5 million. She wrote that McCarthy had apologised and hugged her when he left and that she had “no hard feelings” – but also labelled him “a player devoted to filling his belly more than filling the net”.

Asked about Brady’s comments, McCarthy said: “It makes me want to throw up. There’s the devil with a set of tits.”

McCarthy, who at one stage weighed more than 15 stone (95kg), said he had lost five kilograms and was determined to get fitter. “I am conditioned and can last for 90 minutes, but I’ll push myself more to get in even better shape,” he said.

The striker joined West Ham from Blackburn Rovers for £2.2 million in January 2010, having previously played for Ajax, Celta Vigo and Porto. But in a blistering parting shot after 15 years in Europe, McCarthy blamed “European clubs [that] don’t respect African players” for his relatively low turnout – 79 appearances – for South Africa.

He claimed that “every club” he played for, with the exception of Ajax, “victimised and intimidated” African players. “They get them for peanuts and sell them for big bucks. And, when it comes to releasing you for the national team, they give you problems,” he said. “They don’t give a rat’s ass what happens to you and your country. They say if you want to save your career, sign this statement that says you want to concentrate on your club career.”

McCarthy refused an offer of £1 million to leave West Ham at the start of 2011, eventually settling for the £1.5 million deal to forfeit the remaining year and 10 weeks on his £38,000-a-week contract – which was worth nearly £2.5 million. In his newspaper interview McCarthy insisted: “Money is not everything.” He said wealth had transformed his life after a childhood “playing soccer on the streets” of Cape Town where, he admitted, he “sometimes robbed people in the train”. However, he added: “You can afford luxury and the good life but, money don’t buy you ---- happiness.”

McCarthy signed for Johannesburg side Orlando Pirates last week and said he was determined to improve his reputation. “I ain’t going out a loser,” he said. “I have a point to prove. It’s unfinished business.”

How did I miss this piece of news? :lol:

Telegraph"]Benni McCarthy labels West Ham United vice-chairman Karren Brady 'the devil with a set of t*ts'

Benni McCarthy, the former West Ham striker, has responded to a personal attack by the club’s vice-chairman Karren Brady, calling her the “devil with a set of tits”.

In an extraordinary interview with the Johannesburg-based Sunday Times, the 33-year-old South African also launched a stinging attack on European clubs, accusing them of victimising and intimidating African players. McCarthy left West Ham with a £1.5 million pay-off in April after a disastrous 16 months in which he made only 14 appearances, failed to score a single goal and was fined £200,000 for failing to lose weight.

On his departure Brady used her newspaper column to dismiss him as a “big fat mistake” and said he had cost the club more than £5 million. She wrote that McCarthy had apologised and hugged her when he left and that she had “no hard feelings” – but also labelled him “a player devoted to filling his belly more than filling the net”.

Asked about Brady’s comments, McCarthy said: “It makes me want to throw up. There’s the devil with a set of tits.”

McCarthy, who at one stage weighed more than 15 stone (95kg), said he had lost five kilograms and was determined to get fitter. “I am conditioned and can last for 90 minutes, but I’ll push myself more to get in even better shape,” he said.

The striker joined West Ham from Blackburn Rovers for £2.2 million in January 2010, having previously played for Ajax, Celta Vigo and Porto. But in a blistering parting shot after 15 years in Europe, McCarthy blamed “European clubs [that] don’t respect African players” for his relatively low turnout – 79 appearances – for South Africa.

He claimed that “every club” he played for, with the exception of Ajax, “victimised and intimidated” African players. “They get them for peanuts and sell them for big bucks. And, when it comes to releasing you for the national team, they give you problems,” he said. “They don’t give a rat’s ass what happens to you and your country. They say if you want to save your career, sign this statement that says you want to concentrate on your club career.”

McCarthy refused an offer of £1 million to leave West Ham at the start of 2011, eventually settling for the £1.5 million deal to forfeit the remaining year and 10 weeks on his £38,000-a-week contract – which was worth nearly £2.5 million. In his newspaper interview McCarthy insisted: “Money is not everything.” He said wealth had transformed his life after a childhood “playing soccer on the streets” of Cape Town where, he admitted, he “sometimes robbed people in the train”. However, he added: “You can afford luxury and the good life but, money don’t buy you ---- happiness.”

McCarthy signed for Johannesburg side Orlando Pirates last week and said he was determined to improve his reputation. “I ain’t going out a loser,” he said. “I have a point to prove. It’s unfinished business.”

Kudos to Brady for her retort though - she responded by saying "Nice of him. But Benni, I'm meant to have tits, you aren't!"

Pretty sure how many live games you have plays a part and we're live fairly often, seems about right to me.

Aye. We do seem to hold an interest for Sky. I suspect it's because on any given day we have the ability to beat anyone and we have a history of being involved in some fantastic live games against the big boys down the years. Even last year we had the United and Chelsea thrillers.

However, in my opinion despite us seemingly benefiting I'm of the belief every club should receive the same amount from the pot and by and large barring the "run in" every team should be seen an approximately similar number of times.

Although, looking at the table there, how do they know those numbers already? Surely it won't be decided until all the live fixtures have been set?

Best wishes to Steed Malbranque who has retired from football to care for his son, who has cancer apparently.

Kinda puts football matters in perspective when you hear something like this.

What a talent he was a few years ago....

Some talk over here in Iceland that Roy Keane is in line to be named the next manager of the national team.

It could be an exciting job for the right person given the talent that is coming through and it would be quite exciting to have Keane here. I know he's largely been shit as a manager but maybe he'll be more suited to international management.

Eggert Magnusson, ex West Ham chairman and attention seeking whore, is apparently trying to persuade Keane to take the job. Personally I don't think he'll want it.

Its news in Ireland as well. I think he would suit a national team as his day to day man management is a problem but think with players 3 or 4 days a month he be ok.

He hates modern footballers and their fancy cars, big egos and lack of hunger. I know Iceland has lots of talent coming through but if you have any prima donnas they will be shipped out