General Chat

maqroll

So three weeks training with rio has turned phil jones into an england international. Just like smalling got a call up following a move up the M5. Obviously the players get better commercial deals if they are in the england squad, so does ol rednose put the pressure on the manager to get his players a run out (under the threat of rio being told to act injured again) or has three weeks training with manure really improved jones that much?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones was an England international the day he made his debut and kept Drogba in his pocket for a mediocre Blackburn. It's more a reflection of the England management that they don't have the b*ll*ks to pick him until a bigger team buys him. Not a reflection on the player.

Ginger, I think the margins are such that it depends who you get. If you keep having to fly to Madeupistan for your games then you'll probably be in the red, yeah.

Obviously the players get better commercial deals if they are in the england squad, so does ol rednose put the pressure on the manager to get his players a run out

Its opposite for Fergie, doubt he wants them to play international football

Jones was an England international the day he made his debut and kept Drogba in his pocket for a mediocre Blackburn. It's more a reflection of the England management that they don't have the b*ll*ks to pick him until a bigger team buys him. Not a reflection on the player.

Safe to say I sort of agree and don't. I personally don't think Jones is as good as for example Jagielka, Dawson or even Cahill. Should not be in the England side YET IMO.

Obviously the players get better commercial deals if they are in the england squad, so does ol rednose put the pressure on the manager to get his players a run out
Its opposite for Fergie, doubt he wants them to play international football
I'm sure he loves the peripheral players like smalling, jones, wellbeck (just like wes, ben and phil ugly before them) getting a call up - it's good for the manure brand and it gives them some game time - and it adds value to having a manure contract. That's why he's pushing for a call up for cleverly.

We should drag up the Clark opts for Ireland thread where the poor lad iirc got some proper 'lack of ambition' shite for chosing Ireland over England, also iirc the other half of us predicted the likes of jones/smalling getting the nod over the likes of Dawson/jagielka

they are good players but there's no doubt in my mind the fact they play for utd will get them into the full team, especially seeing as neither of them were very good for the u21s (smalling IMO was as poor as I can remember ever seeing him)

GarethRDR may be interested in picking up the forthcoming "Body Issue" of ESPN: The Magazine...

@hopesolo"]

Being naked outside is very liberating....atleast I hope it will be @ESPN and @ESPNMAG!!! GAMETIME BABY! Ball up!

solobf.jpg

(The "Body Issue" basically features artistically done nudes of various notable athletes)

According to the reliable Fourth_Official on twitter, Seamus Coleman is out for 6 months. As if things couldn't get any worse for David Moyes. They have horrific luck with injuries.

might be Moyes training regime

you'd have thought they'd have employed some sports scientists to look at his training regime though

iirc la liga had a problem with knee ligament injuries about 5 years back and investigated a team to look at training/pitches etc etc to try and at least reduced the numbers

Coleman got injured on the pitch, due to a horrible challenge by one of the Villarreal players. They seem to get a lot like that, so I don't think too much of it is to do with the regime. Although of course you have the likes of Arteta constantly picking up niggles.