General Chat

maqroll

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klinsmann is an interesting choice for the USA. Big name, available and has lived in L.A. for several years so he should know a fair amount about his players. He still has a lot to prove after a difficult time at Bayern, but he probably only took the job so he could get his green card! :lol:

Thiago scored another quite brilliant goal vs United. Unbelievable talent, hope Pep stays, quite scary to think, if they get Fabregas also that depth of talent.

Busquets, Mascherano

Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Thiago

Sanchez, Villa, Messi, Pedro.

It's like picking a FIFA dream team.

All those players would pretty much walk into any other team in the world. Can't see their dominance ending any time soon.

Lee Chung-yong out for 9 months with a double fracture of his right leg. Shame, he's a good player.

Too bad for Bolton, he really impressed me last season. Only 23 years old as well, thought he was older.

People moaned about our performance v Chelsea, well what about Liverpool. Struggled in all their previous pre-season games and now with a more full strength side are 2-0 down to Valerenga.

I think it proves how little results matter in pre-season.

People moaned about our performance v Chelsea, well what about Liverpool. Struggled in all their previous pre-season games and now with a more full strength side are 2-0 down to Valerenga.

I think it proves how little results matter in pre-season.

Or it might be cause for real worry for their fans? Like the Liverpool defence is fragile?

It's like Friday practice in F1. It has absolutely zero bearing on the race on Sunday. Last season I think Chelsea barely won a pre-season game and then went on to win the first 7 games of the season. Pre-season, as much as the fans don't want to hear it, is competely about fitness and conditioning. While we'd like to be picking up pre-season cups, it's all about being ready for August 13th and nothing else matters.

Pre-season, as much as the fans don't want to hear it, is competely about fitness and conditioning.

I don't understand this bit TBH. Why would fans care about preseason? Of course its just about fitness and training. Who gives a shit if we lose every game 9-0, they are just warm up matches. They have no bearing on how you are going to do in the league. Fans moaning about our performance vs. chelsea at the weekend are just bored IMO.

While we'd like to be picking up pre-season cups, it's all about being ready for August 13th and nothing else matters.

I couldn't give a toss if we won any preseason cup. The peace cup we won last year was nice cos we got some money out of winning it but in general pre-season is meaningless.