General Chat

maqroll

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they need a defender badly, Skrtel has been found out and Carragher is rubbish and Agger is injury prone
Before we revel in a team's defeat, we should look at their starting 11.

Doni, Insua, Kyriagkos, Kelly, Flanagan, Degen, Shelvey, Poulsen , Robinson, Cole, Carroll.

Apart from Carroll, that's a 2nd string. I wouldn't be putting too much weight on that defeat much like our defeat to Chasetown.

My 'plop mate says their pre-season has pretty much just been a shop window for their fringe players and that's annoying the hell out of him. Rather than getting the first team's fitness up, they're only being used as fringers themselves like Carroll in that line-up. I'd put less than nowt meaning on a side with any more than 5 or 6 fringe players because as we know ourselves, once you reach that critical mass, the team unit goes to pot and anything can and does happen.

The problem is carragher is old, agger won't last 38 games and the idea that Johnson can come in and make them more solid is shocking

I thought the big Greek bloke had been released, if they plan on playing 3 cbs with wing backs IMO they are desperate for a better one if they play 2 they might just and only just get away with it, it's still not a good enough team to do anything though despite what the bin dippers think

Stupid appointment, and a stupid sacking.

Don't rate Klinsmann at all. Think the US FA (or whatever they are called) don't realise how good they had it under Bradley.

I'm unsure about JK. Don't know enough about him as a manager. Bradley actually had a pretty decent record, seemed to be great at instilling a strong team spirit and work ethic, but only played attractive football by accident, and could never get the defense sorted in those games which presented us a real opportunity to step up, such as the Confed Cup final, WC against Ghana and the most recent Gold Cup final, though he was "forced" to play Jonathan Borstein, which is essentially losing by default.

Stupid appointment, and a stupid sacking.

Don't rate Klinsmann at all. Think the US FA (or whatever they are called) don't realise how good they had it under Bradley.

Bradley had lost the team, but he did squeeze probably a ton of talent out of the guys.

That being said, his tactics and team choices were awful.

Also, Kinsmann has promised to promote a rehauling of the US Youth System. That, along with the USSF following the instructions on Claudia Reina's instructions, and it's pretty clear that the USSF was ready to take a jolt in a different direction.

I am very excited but nervous. Klinsmann understands both the sports culture and how to set up a youth system. Can he do it? Well, for the US, I surely hope so. If we can start getting our top athletes into soccer, not all but some, and get HIGH quality coaching, then the US could become a force, IMO.