The Speculation Source Blacklist

Gompedyret

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What about the Mirror? :shock: Surely has to be a far worse source than any of the above?!

Was just about to put this, I don't think it's ever got anything correct with regards to speculation, nothing speculated in there ever comes true.

Please add the Mirror. They're a gnat's goolies away from double decker bus on the moon stories...

• 3 months later...

Question for the collective; eyefootball.com - acceptable or horseshit?

Arguments against:

- I've never heard of it before :)

- Sheer volume of transfer related articles raises suspicion

Arguments for:

+ Transfer related articles are written by a small team of "journalists" and not submitted by Joe Public

+ Articles are coherent and actually contain a bit of meat (e.g. more interesting than the Mirror's 'one sentence comprises an entire article' approach)

+ Articles written from other sources are detailed as such and not passed off as the site's own

• 4 months later...

Perhaps ITKs should also be added. People claiming they know someone who works in the club blah blah, often turns out to be rubbish.

Only recently returned to the forum after a long exile and it seems there is even more gossip and rumour then before.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Time to add Twitter, I reckon. Well overdue.

You can't start a speculation thread based on a tweet so it is already 'banned' in that sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Must admit I'm very underwhelmed by the pending signing of Kieran Richardson. I thought he was a decent enough player about 8 or 9 years ago but not sure he's the answer to our left back problem.... I suppose its where we're at.....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 18/05/2011 at 18:11, wedge said:

Was just about to put this, I don't think it's ever got anything correct with regards to speculation, nothing speculated in there ever comes true.

Ironic as it is the owner of The Evening Mail so SHOULD have a better ear on the ground than the other nationals or would if the Evening Mail had any proper hournalists

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Awol said:

Football Insider makes a strong case to join the list. There’s more accurate Villa stories coming out of Pyongyang than that site. 

Just came here to say the same thing footballinsider365.... get it banned.

You only have to look at their Google search string to realise they're complete bollocks "Football News Transfers Injuries Team Arsenal Man United Chelsea Tottenham Man City Liverpool Soccer."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â