Smartphone Games

CVByrne

You can get GTA 3 for £2.99 on the iPhone at the moment (not sure about Android availability)

It's pretty bloody good! I've only played about half an hour but, apart from the cars being a little difficult to control, it's excellent.

It's amazing that a game that could only be run on the height of console technology 10 years ago is now playable on a tiny phone

Oh and another thing...i mentioned 'Another World' in the best games of all time thread the other day. Found out last night that they are releasing an enhanced 20th anniversary smartphone version in the next few weeks.

Will definitely be getting that

I suppose (taking the positives from my new addiction) I have inadvertently found out how long my battery lasts playing constant from a full charge.

....6 hours!

You can get GTA 3 for £2.99 on the iPhone at the moment (not sure about Android availability)

It's pretty bloody good! I've only played about half an hour but, apart from the cars being a little difficult to control, it's excellent.

It's amazing that a game that could only be run on the height of console technology 10 years ago is now playable on a tiny phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rockstar.gta3

Had it on the phone and tablet for a few months. Great to get for the retro-worth but a bit difficult to control. Much better on a tablet though.

Had it on the phone and tablet for a few months. Great to get for the retro-worth but a bit difficult to control. Much better on a tablet though.

To be honest I'm really surprised at how good the controls are.

As I said, the cars are a little tough to control (I don't know why they have the virtual stick for walking but not driving) and shooting is basically totally reliant on the autoaim.

But for a smartphone game it's great.

I downloaded "True Football Manager" from Google Play.

I elected to use the "Brimingham Villans" figuring that would be us.... (none of it is licenced)

1st season I was told to get a top half finished. Weekly sponsorship income of £320k wage bill about 500k a week.

I'm now into my 5th season, having won the title 4 years in a row. Weekly sponsorship income is now £41m, I spend £6.5m a week on wages.

Oh and I've done a bit of remodeling at Villa Park - capacity is now 138800 which I sell out every week.

And in 5 seasons, no sign of small heath getting into the PL at all.

:lol:

I'm giving up now because clearly its a very silly game.

To be honest I'm really surprised at how good the controls are.

As I said, the cars are a little tough to control (I don't know why they have the virtual stick for walking but not driving) and shooting is basically totally reliant on the autoaim.

But for a smartphone game it's great.

I take the driving comment back. It's terrible.

It's ok when you're just pootling about going from mission to mission. But I've just attempted the first race mission of the game, and it's impossible. Driving a fast car at any sort of speed is nigh on uncontrollable.

I've tried analogue and accelerometer control and it's not much of an improvement.

If the accelerometer was more sensitive it might be ok, but as far as I can tell you can't change the sensitivty. As it is you have to turn the phone about 90 degrees to get any sort of turn and that makes it pretty tough to keep your eyes on the road!

Â