Smartphone Games

CVByrne

Ok, the smartphone game market is big and getting bigger. The iPhone has loads of titles out already and there are loads coming out on Android now too. I find it hard to find titles and no idea which are good and what not.

I got a new Galaxy S II Android phone and it has a lovely big screen and all that gyroscope stuff going on, my mate said I have to start playing games.

So I've had a go at a few, like Zenonia which is a fun RPG game. I also played Nova which looks fantastic.

Anyway, just want a thread where people can post the games they like.

Yep, gamedevstory is excellent.

Didn't keep my attention for more than a couple of weeks, but it is furiously addictive when you're into it.

I've been playing NBA Jam lately. As a smartphone sports game goes, it's pretty dam good, lots of fun. It's infuriatingly annoying when you play it on the hardest difficulty though. Mainly due to one fundamanetal flaw in the gameplay, imo.

Tiny Wings is excellent as well. Again, very addictive

There's a game called Hunters which is good. It's similar to the turn-based combat sections in the X-Com games, but reminds me more of an old game called Laser Squad. You start off with a low level squad and can gradually unlock new weapons, armour, equipment and abilities as you level up. There is a fresh set of missions every 24 hours, although they do tend to repeat a lot. Another good one is Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, its hard to describe really, but the game draws obvious influence from Zelda while being completely different to anything I've ever played before. Music is a big part of the game both in creating atmosphere and more directly in rhythmic boss battles (that are nothing at all like Guitar Hero in case anybody thinks that is what I mean).

• 9 months later...

Can't believe this thread has been dorment for 10 months!!

Anyhoo, short of starting a new one, here's my contribution. For those who remember the original, this fantastic game has been very faithfully reproduced for android and has even had some tweaks that can be used (optional).

I give you :

Chaos : The Battle of Wizards

specchaos03.jpg

Â