Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Chindie

IW made this franchise for what it is. Anyway the game is boring. Why isn't there a thread on the best 360 game coming out this year in Gears Of War 3? you fps noobs can't handle 3rd person?

Er?

A good game and a fun game are two different things. Treyarch make great games, balanced and realistic but just not as fun as infinity ward.

Who doesn't love raping spawns with a chopper gunner or ac 130, or quickscoping or dual weilding shotguns that can shoot across the map(model 1887 pre patch)

However for me Battlefield is the perfect combo. Fun with a better sense of realism.

Battlefield was dull as ****. Realism? Yes. Fun? Not even close.

I was playing it yesterday adn this series of events happened.

A Jeep ran over a medic

The jeep was blown up by a tank

The jeep tumbled through the air and hit an 'oil container'

The 'oil container' exploded collapsing a house, killing the 3 people inside it

The tank which blew up the jeep was then destroyed by a helicopter

The helicopter pilot was then sniped ( i think it was aimbot cause the guy was kicked later in the game) and killed and the helicopter crashed into a river.

Not fun my ass. In this game anything can happen and thee destructible environment creates endles chaos and fun.

It's really, really boring. I'm sure one off games can be somewhat fun. But overall vehicles are the reason Battlefield is so shit online. It's like some of the World at War maps, if they had vehicles in them I'd leave the game. It makes is so unbalanced and boring. We used to ride around in a tank, get stupid amounts of kills, then if the tank were to get damaged, fix it back up again and dominate. Yeah, great fun. :?

Apart from the fact unless your on a shit team vehciles tend to get destroyed pretty quickly and are often a death trap. However i play on pc which is usually full of good players and people who don't exploit game mechanics whereas on console i'd imagine you get some right clearings in the woods whoruin the game just like in cod.

Fans of COD and Battlefield rarely mix, its usually one or the other. Online they are very different games - at its best Battlefield is a great tactical team game, whereas COD, even in its team games, allows a lot of lone wolf style to be succesful.

Its that difference that I think means no matter how good Battlefield this year is, it won't take the popular crown. That only leaves COD when the system gets tired, which I have an inkling begins in earnest with this game.

It's a social community thing with added in features effectively nicked from Halo Waypoint. It provides you with stats and heatmaps of your online performance, and also will have a communities thing that allows you to connect with people with similar interests (Steam does a similar thing), and also seems like it's going to have events and stuff on it. They claim some of it will help you improve your game but theres few details about that at the moment.

It's been said that some of it will be free and some of it behind the 'paywall', but it's not clear what will and what won't.

There's also the suggestion that a paid subscription to 'Elite' will let you get the map packs for either no extra cost or discounted price.

It's something that'll become clearer in time of course. Personally, I hope no-one signs up for it because it's just another step to subscription based multiplayer. It's cost creep in action - you can guarentee that Activision are damn keen on gettin people paying to play online, but they need to weaken people's resistance to the idea. Heres the first blow.

It would need dedicated servers, an actual willing to fix problems and make all the map packs free for it to even possibly be worth it, and even then I wouldn't, but others might. All downloadable content released for CoD has been shit, from CoD4 up to now.

Well, the first day of playing time, it's great. But after being smashed to shit by faggots using grenade launchers and danger close from the other side of the map you'll soon get bored. And seeing as you're probably new to it too, probably means you'll be getting hammered and it'll become very tedious rather soon. Also, seeing as IW do not seem to give a shit and are not will to rectify any of the major flaws in this game, I think you're better off keeping your money in your pocket.

:thumb:

I never really had a problem with the grenades launchers and whatnot. I didn't play online all that much but when I did, didn't bother me. I actually found some of the streaks more annoying than anything. Hence I just shifted to playing barebones.

Plus theres Spec Ops, which with a mate is superb (genuinely some of my top moments in this gen of gaming came from that mode), and the singleplayer, whilst dumb as hell in it's script, is tight taught fun.

It's come down fairly decently priced in the second hand market, definitely worth some fun time.

I was never that good at it either, but I enjoy it to this day.

If you played online more, then you'd understand. I think the thing that was more annoying was the fact the IW did **** all to change it. That's why I prefer Treyarch, seems to me that they actually listen.

Spec Ops is a pointless addition, IMO. On veteran it was just ridiculous.

I played enough to see where people were coming from, it just didn't bother me too much.

Spec Ops is fantastic though. The mission where you need to clear the mansion of enemies, if you play that with a mate, is superb. We spent like a good few hours doing that one upto 3 star, great bit of gameplay. It gets **** hard true, but still enjoyable.