Lap of Honour?

R.I.C.O.

I think we all should just go home at FT. When they come out 15 mins after the final whistle all they'll see is the press putting away there equipment and the ground staff clearing up !! That should give them the message of how much they've let us down this season.

I've been a season ticket for the last 10 years and prior to that attended all but 5 home games per season due to working compulsory Saturdays. I've only missed about 10 away games in the last 7 years also. This will be the 1st time during all that period I'm turning my back on them at the final whistle. I'll going for a pint to drown my sorrows and to reflect on what has been the worst and most embarrassing season I've experienced in my time as a fanatical and loyal Holtender.

Was there a lap of honour at the end of the 05/06 season (DOLs last match)? I don't remember going to that one.

Yes there was a lap of honour and DOL was getting loads of abuse from even the docile supporters in the North Stand.

Far, far worse season than this one, or the DOL or Taylor seasons.

It's not just the on pitch performances tho - It's all the shite that's gone off it aswel.

Player revolt,

Fighting amongst each other,

Steven Ireland debarcle,

Bad mouthing the club,

The defeat at Newcastle,

Warnock incident,

Small heath knocking us out the cup then going on to win it,

Houllier at Liverpool,

The wasted cup game at citeh...

Wolves home defeat,

I could go on and on as there's a list as long as my arm.. :evil:

I probably hold an extreme view but nevertheless i'll state it ... Those that know they have let the team down individually should not even look towards the fans personally if you ask me.. walk down the tunnel as soon as the whistle is gone and as soon as the transfer window is open they should leave without kicking up a fuss.

I think how it is performed is critical. Walking around waving and soaking up the applause just isn't on for a team that has failed so badly this season. What would be acceptable is them clapping the supporters specifically to thank them for their support.

Far, far worse season than this one, or the DOL or Taylor seasons.

It's not just the on pitch performances tho - It's all the shite that's gone off it aswel.

Player revolt,

Fighting amongst each other,

Steven Ireland debarcle,

Bad mouthing the club,

The defeat at Newcastle,

Warnock incident,

Small heath knocking us out the cup then going on to win it,

Houllier at Liverpool,

The wasted cup game at citeh...

Wolves home defeat,

I could go on and on as there's a list as long as my arm.. :evil:

Agree with this completely.

We have been a joke on the pitch and off the pitch. This is the worst season we've had in my life time.

I remember 93/94, the Norwich match was shown on a screen at VP and I remember going to watch it with my old man. But I was young and didn't really understand/care enough at that point that we were staring relegation right in the face.

This season has been a nightmare and I can't wait until it's over.

A number of players can hold their heads up high on the lap:

Walker: has done well on his loan, admittedly not great in defence but hes still young and learning the game.

Downing: Excellent second season following on from a difficult first one. brightest spark on the park.

Cuellar: Has done nothing wrong, made a great effort to interact with fans and always speaks positively about the club even when he doesn't get the time on the field he deserves.

Luke Young: Puts in solid performances.

Darren Bent: Has produced the goods we have desperately been missing for many years. His goals should be enough to keep us in the top flight.

Friedel: Not his best season and appears to be losing many of his skills but has served us very well and may be off in the summer. Imagine if we had kept Carson, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Reo Coker: Has done well enough considering the past and his lack of natural ability, his return to the team allowed us to keep above the drop zone.

Gabby: Loves the club and gives his all, not his fault he was played half fit on the left wing.

Heskey: Did well early in the season, hampered by injuries for the remainder, not his fault.

Petrov: A poor season but has lead the team through some good years under MON and may be another saying goodbye this summer.

Ashley Young: A very poor season by his standards but deserves a good send off (if he is indeed going) since he has been our only real star in the past 5 years.

The kids: Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Hogg, Lichaj, a lot was asked of them and they gave us some hope in miserable times, they don't deserve anything other than applause.

The management and a couple of unmentionable players should do a walk of shame .

A good shout on a few of them but the only ones who deserve any credit is Downing, Albrighton, Clark and Bent (maybe Walker too but he's not one of ours is he).

The rest have ranged from putting in performances that have been nothing to shout about, to the utter shite and a disgrace to the shirt. And I'd include Ashley Young in this category, as he's seldom delivered this season when we needed him to be consistent when all else around was falling to shit. The hallmark of a billy big bollocks to me.

The rest on your list bar Downing (and excluding the kids): you've even written their shortcomings, so they've all let the team down in more ways than helping this season.

Although I don't condone booing our players I can't help feeling the reaction at the final whistle won't be pretty.

graham taylor got pelters and he was a hero at this club 1st time around, so i would dread to think what houllier/mcallister are going to get

personally haven't stopped for this type of farce since i was a kid, good opportunity to beat the crowd up the bar instead

I think I'd prefer an apology most of the players, especially A Young, for once again making this club look ridiculous. I predict a bad summer for us like Milnergate, so an apology and a promise will do nicely.

I'd still go with **** them and walk out as soon as the final whistle goes. I agree that Downing,Bent,Gabby (he's one of our own) and the youth are the exceptions but it's not possible to direct an applause to these individuals. So for me the best thing to do is just do one at the final whistle and leave them in the changing rooms having to explain to there children why they wont be going out onto the pitch with daddy to do the lap of honour because only the cleaners are out there !!

They should all give us the longest and most drawn out Lap of Apologies ever experienced, shake hands with as many fans as possible, pose for picture and say sorry for what they've done this year.

Lap of honour!! I won't hang around once the final whistle blows. Only teams that have bothered get a lap of honour. This lot and the Manager have been the biggest disgrace for a long while. **** em, they'll get no applause from me.

I going to stay at the end. I think that the 6th places finishes has spoil some Villa fans. Just like the away fans who stay and support Villa regardless, I think the home fans need to start doing the same. Think we need to give AY a send off as well, regardless to what people say, he help persuade my nephew to be a Villa fans and I sure he has countlesss other young supporters with his flair, yes he had a poorer season then usual, but his goal/ratio isn't to bad to be honest, just slightly down on his assists from previous years.

Â