Lap of Honour?

R.I.C.O.

Does anyone think the team will bother doing a lap of honour after the Liverpool game, in what must go down as Aston Villa's worst ever season in premier league history (also taking into account the off the field shambles)?

I will be going to this an I just hope it doesn't get too ugly. I remember in 02/03 when Graham Taylor's side was booed off the pitch. Anyone else at that game remember the reaction when Taylor tried talking to the crowd?

I can see a similar situation this time around as I can't imagine we will do anything other than get humiliated against the redscouse, watching a disjointed team of the primadonnas and past-its managed by McCrap the tactical genius and Silent Randy. I can also see some waving goodbye to Ashley Young with a two-fingered salute.

I remember being in the trinity road stand and being pretty appalled at the fans booing over GT, a man who had done so much for us in the past.

I can fully appreciate that the mood will be pretty poor that day, but I just hope that it isnt taken out on Young.

Good point Ulver, it should be. Much like players shouldnt ignore supporters at away games when they've lost.

However, it's not going to be a particularly memorable affair for anyone.

Does anyone think the team will bother doing a lap of honour after the Liverpool game, in what must go down as Aston Villa's worst ever season in premier league history (also taking into account the off the field shambles)?

Worst premiership season was when we had to win at Norwich away, last game of the season (i was there at Carrow Road) think it was 94/95 season, we won 1-0 in the end. That was such a rubbish season, and was worse than this because everyone thought def we would go down.

I'm sure quite a few of them will be embarrassed at a so called lap of honour

Don't they call it a "Lap of Appreciation" these days? And as Ulver points out, that is more of a two way process.

Was there a lap of honour at the end of the 05/06 season (DOLs last match)? I don't remember going to that one.

I dont think they've ever not done one during my time as a ST holder, so presumably yes.

Worst premiership season was when we had to win at Norwich away, last game of the season (i was there at Carrow Road) think it was 94/95 season, we won 1-0 in the end. That was such a rubbish season, and was worse than this because everyone thought def we would go down.

Pretty sure that game actually finished 1-1 in the end, seem to remember they scored in the second half but by then we were fine due to results elsewhere. Apologies if I'm wrong, can't seem to find any reports online.

I thought you said Bukkake for a minute there Gazza :lol:

Well, I guess that would be a somewhat poetic way for the fans to collectively express their displeasure at the pile of w*nk we've been subjected to this season.

lol, my memory is awful for that period, i was 14/15 then now i am 32, awful season i attended all but 1 away game with some mates and had a season ticket, that season attended places like The Dell on a freezing cold Monday night Sky game where we lost to Le Tissiers brilliance again, again if i remember correctly lol. also same season where we had only 15k something against Southampton at home and lost again to Le Tissiers double. It was snowed in, but cos the team was awful the attendance was just as bad, must have been lowest i have known it since 80's.

Far, far worse season than this one, or the DOL or Taylor seasons.

Â