• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------- Friedel -----------------

Walker --- Cuellar --- Dunne ----- Young

------------ NRC --- Makoun -----------

Downing -------- Delph ---------- Young

----------------- Bent ------------------

If we go 4-4-2 at Arsenal we will get mullered. We need to match up to their system so we don't get overrun in CM and get some possession. No need for Collins as they are not going to play a big CF - Cuellar is much better against intelligent strikers.

I like the way you think! Definately with you on this one. At this point we need to give other players than our "usuals" (as if we had any this season) a chance. Giving Delph a game and maybe bringing on Albrighton later would be a good idea.

Still see us loosing this one though, I'd say 4-2 with Bent bagging one midgame and Delph hammering from the distance late.

Still so worried that this could come down to the final day, so hoping for at least battling draw here against an Arsenal side who seem to be a bit missing since that cup final.

Either way, can't wait to depart from Brum at 10am on the Villa Prem Travel, should be a cracking day!

Full reserve side for this, please. That way we can claim we would have done better with our first team (even though the result would probably have been about the same).

I dont think that's what we'll get, however. I expect to see pretty much the same team again, with Pires coming on after 70 minutes at 3-0 down (which could actually be a good damage limitation tactic in this case: with luck, the Arsenal players may then politely stand off while he shuffles around and passes the ball sideways a bit rather than bothering to score any more goals themselves).

Oh well... here's hoping we at least muster a decent attempt on goal at some point in the 90 minutes. That would at least mark some improvement on last season's effort at the Emirates.

Arsenal have proven vulnerable recently and we're actually a point better form-wise over the last 6 (though their home form is much better than our away), might be able to get a positive result off 'em if we take our chances and avoid Dunne/Collins doing something mind-bogglingly stupid and/or giving up before the opening whistle blows. Should be goals, at least, one way or both.