Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

GK Friedel

RB Walker

CB Cuellar

CB Collins

LB L.Young

RM A.Young

CM Makoun (if back fit, needs games, would be suited to Arsenal)

CM Reo-Coker

LM Downing

CF Agbonlahor

CF Bent

Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Clark, Albrighton, Petrov, Delph/Bannan, Heskey/Delfouneso

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to be spanked.

Just like they spanked stoke?

Sadly we are not as good as Stoke. Never thought I would have to say that but the league table doesn't lie.

Friedel, Walker, Cuellar, Clark, L.Young, A.Young, Delph, Reo-Coker, Bradley, Downing & Bent for me. With Robert coming on for the last 10 minutes to claim his standing ovation and our late winner! :winkold:

----------------- Friedel -----------------

Walker --- Cuellar --- Dunne ----- Young

------------ NRC --- Makoun -----------

Downing -------- Delph ---------- Young

----------------- Bent ------------------

If we go 4-4-2 at Arsenal we will get mullered. We need to match up to their system so we don't get overrun in CM and get some possession. No need for Collins as they are not going to play a big CF - Cuellar is much better against intelligent strikers.

Gary Mac will probably keep the same XI as the Wigan game though, just changing Heskey for Gabby as he appears to have zero tactical nous!

Anyone thinking giving Guzan the gloves might be interesting?

He's back from Hull (i'd imagine), been playing so should be match fit and he at least deserves a chance to step up. And if he's horrible put Friedel back on and sell him to a Championship club.

Please no more Dunne. Also, I don't like how you plan of playing Ashley on the right and left at the same time. I'd prefer downing to play, or at least make the bench :D

That Player of the Year bollocks dosen't wash with me!

:oops:

Anyone thinking giving Guzan the gloves might be interesting?

He's back from Hull (i'd imagine), been playing so should be match fit and he at least deserves a chance to step up. And if he's horrible put Friedel back on and sell him to a Championship club.

i'd like to seem him given a chance but deep down i know there's no chance of it happening

----------------- Friedel -----------------

Walker --- Cuellar --- Dunne ----- Young

------------ NRC --- Makoun -----------

Downing -------- Delph ---------- Young

----------------- Bent ------------------

If we go 4-4-2 at Arsenal we will get mullered. We need to match up to their system so we don't get overrun in CM and get some possession. No need for Collins as they are not going to play a big CF - Cuellar is much better against intelligent strikers.

Gary Mac will probably keep the same XI as the Wigan game though, just changing Heskey for Gabby as he appears to have zero tactical nous!

i agree entirely, i just hope that gmac sees it this way but i fully expect to see gabby sadly

As long as 2 from Wigan, Blackpool, Wolves or Blackburn drop points I couldn't really care about this result. This season has been shit and the sooner it's over the better.

However, despite GMAC's incorrect admission that the season is over we will still need to ensure that we don't get battered just in case the unthinkable happens and it comes down to goal difference.