• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Heskey 46)

Was an awful match to watch with very little quality on either side, as bad as 2 blind monkeys throwing their shit at each other. Still think we're safe, and by the looks of the things the payers do too, have given up until next season.

i think we'll beat liverpool but get a bit of a thumping against arsenal! 2-0 against liverpool bent (2). arsenal will be 1-5

if the bin dippers need the points we could be on for another hiding

I'm not a huge NRC fan, but today IMO he was MOTM by far. He made a bunch of good tackles winning back the ball, and I think he made 1 errant pass. He made a very good pass to Downing in the first half....credit where credit is due. His only weakness is that when he gets the ball at the edge of the box he doesn't really have that attacking instinct. But, he's a good CDM. Thought NRC was excellent today. Petrov has been good the past 3 or 4 matches. Looks less old and tired than usual. Albrighton looked just a bit slow today...maybe not fully match fit? Heskey. What.A.Moron!!! Should have been shown a straight red. He ran up and made physical contact w ref=red card.

When I saw GMAC towards the end make the settle down, get back, draw is a good result gesture, I wanted to strangle him. How was that player not booked for the foul on Bent after the ref gave advantage?!?!?! You can go back and book him, moron!

Ahhh, and those who say Downing is lazy, doesn't track back or defend...etc, I say you are WRONG. Today he DID track back and make some key tackles....avoided a couple corners, etc.

Dunne on the other hand....gifted Wigan 2 corners. Was he drunk? That back pass to Brad was ridiculous.

Ahhh, and those who say Downing is lazy, doesn't track back or defend...etc, I say you are WRONG. Today he DID track back and make some key tackles....avoided a couple corners, etc.

Dunne on the other hand....gifted Wigan 2 corners. Was he drunk? That back pass to Brad was ridiculous.

Dunne had the ball passed behind him when under pressure. Yes he should have found Friedel but that pasage of play showed exactly what was wrong with our midfield today, sidewards passes, passing to players under pressure, no movement and playing the ball behind each other.

And yes, today Downing did track back and make a few tackles, it was so noticable because it is such a rare occurance.

After watching that shit today it makes me even more angry about my season ticket price being increased for next season. Where else but football does the quality of the goods go down and the price go up?

Going to find it really hard to fork out over £500 for a season ticket if that is the sort of crap I am going to have to suffer every home game.

Thanks Mr Lerner, you have really brought us on haven't you!!

After watching that shit today it makes me even more angry about my season ticket price being increased for next season. Where else but football does the quality of the goods go down and the price go up?

Going to find it really hard to fork out over £500 for a season ticket if that is the sort of crap I am going to have to suffer every home game.

Thanks Mr Lerner, you have really brought us on haven't you!!

Understand that nobody likes renewing their ST after a poor performance, but I have to completely disagree with the bolded bit.

Do you remember what things were like with David O'Leary and Doug Ellis? Doug Ellis who chased two very good managers away from the club and was so tight our players feared we'd miss matches because our bus would break down.

In contrast under Randy Lerner, off the top of my head, we've had:

1. The return of European football to Villa Park

2. Ashley Young, £9.6m

3. The restoration of some of the club's tradition with the mosaic and the Holte

4. Proper interaction with the fans

5. Sponsorship by acorns

6. James Milner, £12m

7. Stewart Downing, £12m

8. Darren Bent, £24m

None of the above would have happened under Ellis. Fair enough we sold Milner but we wouldn't have signed him at all under Ellis. We've had a shit season, no question about it, but it's certainly not Randy Lerner's fault.

I'm deeply concerned at the lack of footballing brains. Not only on the touchline, but on the field. Wigan dominated possession for long stretches in the second half and we seemed to have no idea what to do about it. If the coaches don't know how to stop walker from making foolish runs, why aren't the team screaming at him? If Albrighton is putting long balls into a hole of defensive pressure where the attack will end, why isn't a senior player taking him to school for it?

I just don't get why professional players will tolerate foolish decisions from their teammates.

Wigan had nowhere near the threat we had, but we showed no football understanding about how to stop them, or take them apart. I find it hard to believe that's all on the management. I know how to tell Dunne his backpass is crap. Why are his teammates tolerating it?

i would like to have seen delph have a run out in second half in place of stan but cant help feeling that G Mac got his fingers burnt last week against wba when he subbed nrc for pires and it back fired on him.

Gary McAllister is beyond words. One change from Albion that was forced?! Same formation, same personnel. Utter joke.

I don't think I've ever felt so depressed about Villa as I did yesterday, not even in the DOL days, because at least we knew our squad was shit.

Absolutely no life in the game whatsoever and no desire to change that by any of the players or those on the sideline.

I don't think I've ever felt so depressed about Villa as I did yesterday

Around February I told myself I'd stop complaining once we stayed up. This season is easier to accept that way. I'm writing this season off.

Â