• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Heskey 46)

could still go down. easily.

only need a wolves win at home tomorrow to leave us only 6 ahead of wigan, who'd be 3rd bottom.

considering they'd have west ham at home next and us arsenal away, it's by no mean guaranteed we'll stay up.

You're forgetting that it's not just Wigan below us. To go down, we'd also need Brum to beat Fulham and get a point at Spurs, and Blackburn to beat Man Utd but lose to Wolves (or something weird like that) and Blackpool to beat United as well. Not going to happen.

Yep. Blackburn would have to beat United as well as avoiding a tonking to Wolves.

Oh how i wish i could cancel my trip to VP for the final game, this was an absolute joke. Apart from Reo-Coker, no one performed. Walker can **** off back to Spurs, who does he think he is thinking he can ran straight through the middle of the pitch from a right back position in the PL? Bound to get tackled and cost us a goal again with his naive play. Collins is a joke, constantly pushing up and missing the tackle which leads to a gap at the back, who is the idiot advising this and if no one is, why isnt anyone telling him to stop?! Bent is a problem for me, because he is useless unless given perfect service and today even that wasnt enough. What kind of finish was that? Young with a lucky goal, crap again. Why are ppl screaming out for Albrighton? Showed today what hes showed for five months, nothing. Petrov is so poor im not even gonna comment anymore....

Load of bollocks quote. You obviously did'nt see his last goal.

Look I think GMAC is usless as a number 2 has completely no idea. But and this is a bit but. Ive just come from the game, if you think Petrov or NRC had a good game your on drugs. Petrov is done after 30 mins, NRC cannot make a pressured pass to save his life. We need a solid midfield, its the most imprtant part of the team, **** the defense, the midfield did'nt have a clue today. I believe any manager would have a absolute nightmare with these players at the moment. Any new manager to come in and turn this team around as it it would be a **** genius.

Pure and utter shite we where, we are a crap team to watch. Our shite style of play is shameful. Downing for menwas the motm. Get this season over, get rid of the shit players and shit management.

Oh how i wish i could cancel my trip to VP for the final game, this was an absolute joke. Apart from Reo-Coker, no one performed. Walker can **** off back to Spurs, who does he think he is thinking he can ran straight through the middle of the pitch from a right back position in the PL? Bound to get tackled and cost us a goal again with his naive play. Collins is a joke, constantly pushing up and missing the tackle which leads to a gap at the back, who is the idiot advising this and if no one is, why isnt anyone telling him to stop?! Bent is a problem for me, because he is useless unless given perfect service and today even that wasnt enough. What kind of finish was that? Young with a lucky goal, crap again. Why are ppl screaming out for Albrighton? Showed today what hes showed for five months, nothing. Petrov is so poor im not even gonna comment anymore....

Agree to pretty much all that here. I wish i wasn't going to the Liverpool game now too, Suarez is going to rape our defence, rape them all up the mucker, then in the ear. Its really not going to be pretty.

Its going to be horrible & i hate Liverpool so much it ill make it all the worse! :(

Downing was good, well he tryed hard & his tracking back was brill, i think i even seen a sliding tackle out of him today!

Petrov is the new sidwell, invisable for the 2nd half.

Reo-Coker - great energy, breaks up the play great, can't pass to save his life! 50,000 a week new contract - i don't think so.

Everyone else gets a 4.5 for me.

I don't want to sound like a prick but i really look forward to clapping & saying goodbye (hopefully) to at least 7 or 8 of our players when the final whistle blows after the Liverpool game & the Squad does its "Lap of Honour".

I just hope we are now well & truely safe with 42 points.

End of the season for us really, out with a whimper, no chance of picking up anything from the next two games. Safe from relegation, depressed that i've mentioned relegation, depressed that the entire aura around the club is so relaxed and not bothered. Likely to now finish 14th-15th.

Massive changes have to be made in the summer, not sure I can deal with another season like this.

That was absolute shite. I almost fell asleep in the second half as nothing was happening. Poor performance and a poor result to go with it.

Bent should have buried that sitter, although I will forgive him this time as it looks like his other goals have kept us up.

Another shitty day down at VP and another shitty train journey back up to Liverpool. Depressing...

same as the past few seasons. a team comes to VP, sits back, makes us play through them and we have no clue whatsoever.

petrov and nrc were outplayed by wigans midfield. our centre mid needs a complete overhaul. they allow the opposition too much space, and provide no attacking threat at all.

collins yet again following the ball and not his man for the wigan goal. yes walker messed up, but we had enough back to deal with it. if collins leaves dunnes man to dunne and holds his position they dont score. instead he steps up, collides with dunne and leaves a massive gap for victor moses to run into. he keeps doing this and still keeps getting picked.

i worry about albrightons football brain. yes knocking it around a player and chasing works, but dont kick it when you are still 10 yards from the player, and dont kick it 30 yards so you have no chance of getting it.

apart from bent nobody moves when we have the ball in the final third. everyone just stands there expecting something to happen. so we end up with the midfielders just playing square balls to each other, and it eventually ends up wide for us to float a cross straight to the goal keeper. no urgency, no movement, no creativity.

hopefully this is another nail in the coffin for GMACs villa career. 2 points from home games to stoke and wigan, and an away game at WBA where they had 10 men for 30 minutes. cant believe he made no changes today - we needed some fresh ideas in centre mid and yet he persisted with nrc and petrov who were plodding around.

Just back.

We were woeful. Simple as that. I honestly can't believe with 2 games to go its mathematically possible we could still go down. Its nothing short of a disgrace.

Positives form today. The fans were good and tried to do what dumb and dumber have failed to do all season - inspire the players.

The sooner Houllier and GMac are **** off the better and we can start to look forward to next season with some hope providing Lerner gets this appointment right of course. After the tripe served up this season its hard to see him doing worse.

Just waiting for a train back home after the game. Absolutely terrible match - gutted Bent hit his 1 on 1 straight at the keeper, but seemed inevitable to be honest. Downing MOTM, Walker good going forward but still has A LOT to learn. Ash not great today. All pretty depressing and I cannot wait for this game to be over.

Missed the build up - why wasn't Gabby involved?

Â