The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

• 1 month later...

Charlotte (25 mins from me) announced as the 30th MLS team. Panthers owner David Tepper paid a record $325 million for the franchise. Mind you hes worth 12 billion.....

Interesting to see the youth dynamic for me as i work in this market!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Zoran Krneta hired as the new sporting director. They didn’t want a GM apparently. They wanted a guy who can pick up the phone and get players and this lad is well connected apparently. 

Also found our who’s running the youth set up and he’s VERY VERY highly respected in the USA youth circles. Exciting times! 

5 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Zoran Krneta hired as the new sporting director. They didn’t want a GM apparently. They wanted a guy who can pick up the phone and get players and this lad is well connected apparently. 

Also found our who’s running the youth set up and he’s VERY VERY highly respected in the USA youth circles. Exciting times! 

Surely his chant is

just one Krneta, give him to me! 

shaun of the dead eating GIF

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know what Frank de Boer and/or the recruitment team are going for, but I don't like the looks of it so far. Critical players and major fan favorites leaving left and right, mostly replaced with journeymen if at all. Letting Gressel go to a conference rival for allocation money just because he wanted a deservedly improved contract is shambolic, for instance. It feels like a completely unnecessary rebuild of a team that's made the playoffs three years straight and won it once, instead of just strengthening around the core that was already in place.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/02/2020 at 18:44, mikeyp102 said:

So Beckham's team making its debut this weekend. Surprised they haven’t got a bigger name player in.

Got a lot of South American’s in

Will get a shit ton of Latin Americans supporting them

That's how MLS should operate, scour South America for the best talents

After atlanta signed barco I thought that would be the start of it, they've also flipped almiron for around £15m profit and got martinez

Anyone know how pavon got on at LA? 

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 20:49, villa4europe said:

That's how MLS should operate, scour South America for the best talents

After atlanta signed barco I thought that would be the start of it, they've also flipped almiron for around £15m profit and got martinez

Anyone know how pavon got on at LA? 

4 goals, 6 assists in 13 appearances last season. Scored in their season opener on the weekend also.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

9 US players played in the Champions League this season which is a record and at some good teams as well. 

Could the US finally be developing into a consistently good national team, I imagine they are targetting 2026 for a challenge

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Ryan Shawcross joining inter miami

Insert "can he do it on a stunningly beautiful perfectly mild Wednesday night in miami" joke here 

And people said Beckham would not be able to attract the biggest star names to joining his Miami franchise 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ryan Shawcross joining inter miami

Insert "can he do it on a stunningly beautiful perfectly mild Wednesday night in miami" joke here 

do American clubs only get one "foreign import player" allowance?

Just now, sne said:

And people said Beckham would not be able to attract the biggest star names to joining his Miami franchise 

If they've got him as a non designated player, so he's joined them just as a normal player on around £1k a week then yeah fair play to becks

Same as Ashley Cole at LA what they do in terms of a rental house and car and then the overall package etc im not sure how that works 

Â