The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

I heard that JPA had to move on from Galaxy to accommodate Keane. Anyone know where he's gone to now?

Club Deporto Chivas. They are the other side in Los Angeles, they share a ground with the Galaxy. Pablo wont have even had to have moved house. He scored on his debut for Chivas too.

good move for Angel as Chivas is a Mexican owned club so im sure tehy will have a few spanish speakers in the side and probably play football he will like.

As for Keane with the right service he should be near top of scoring charts, He did brilliant in SPL last year on loan and would say MLS defences are on a similar level

And @Zatman, Chivas dont appear to have many more Spanish speakers in the side than the Galaxy do to be honest. I would imagine that there are a lot of people in L.A. who have Spanish as a second language, but JPAs English is fluent anyway given his time living in the UK and US.

havent seen the side but i remember when they were set up the owner wanted them to be an all Hispanic side. Interestingly Chivas Mexico never sign foreigners

Just looked at their squad and they have a mix of south americans and mexican and think JPA will prefer it there as the Galaxy hype of Beckham and Donovan didnt seem like his thing and will probably thrive at a low key club

And @Zatman, Chivas dont appear to have many more Spanish speakers in the side than the Galaxy do to be honest. I would imagine that there are a lot of people in L.A. who have Spanish as a second language, but JPAs English is fluent anyway given his time living in the UK and US.

Glad to see that JPA's fluency in English extends to saying "f**k**g brilliant!" to the team mate who put him through for the goal!

Good on yer, JPA - glad to see that you are enjoying life in the US.

• 2 months later...

Bit of an odd game yesterday, Red Bulls defence should all get a hard slap for the goal. Convinced of the offside they just stopped playing allowing Magee to tap it in what's worse they made the same mistake a few minutes before and narrowly avoided being punished. Red Bulls were far from potent up front I would have liked to see Aguadello come in for Rogers towards the end so at least we would have had some aerial presence.

Most concerning were the vast quantities of empty seats. For a playoff game featuring Beckham, Keane, Donovan, Marquez and Henry it was pathetic. They claimed a figure of 22,600 that's utter shite there couldn't have been more than 16/17 thousand in the stadium. I know the snow was to blame in part but judging by the empty blocks with nobody in them the tickets simply weren't sold as opposed to not being used. It says a lot about the state of affairs in the league and the pulling power of star players. 4 years ago Beckham alone was enough of a draw to get 60k people into Giants Stadium the level of interest has dropped dramatically.

Bit of an odd game yesterday, Red Bulls defence should all get a hard slap for the goal. Convinced of the offside they just stopped playing allowing Magee to tap it in

Althgouh I agree the defence was shocking, I'd hardly say it was a tap in.

Pretty handy volley if you ask me!

That being said, it was about an inch from the keeper. Had he bothered to move even a little bit he'd probably have saved it.

Regardless of him scoring 9 goals this season, I still can't believe the Red Bulls have Rodgers up front. I realise it was mostly engineered by Backe but it's just an odd signing. To be honest I thought he looked a bit out of his depth yesterday. Maybe Henry's just making him look way better than he is against opponents who aren't... well... the Galaxy?

Ive just seen that Sporting Kansas are through to the eastern final. When living in Toronto a few months back I got to watch them, a dreadful side. I have no idea how they got that far unless the standard is that bad.

Â