The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

Jack Harrison, 19 year old ex man utd english lad just scored his second golaso of the season for NYCFC, looks a good player. good article on him somewhere and his decision to come to the USA and play at a prep school.

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

Jack Harrison, 19 year old ex man utd english lad just scored his second golaso of the season for NYCFC, looks a good player. good article on him somewhere and his decision to come to the USA and play at a prep school.

I've been impressed with him.

• 8 months later...

Can't wait for San Diego to get their new team Footy McFooty Face :crylaugh:

NEW SAN DIEGO FOOTBALL CLUB MAKE MISTAKE OF ASKING FANS TO DECIDE TEAM NAME AS ‘FOOTY MCFOOTY FACE’ LEADS VOTE

San Diego are currently in the midst of an £800million project to create a new MLS team and an entire football-centric ‘mini-city’ in which to base them.

Indeed, located in Mission Valley, the 55-acre Soccer City San Diego complex will be centred around a custom-built 30,000-seater stadium and also feature a variety of training facilities, academies, and office buildings.

However, as yet, the new team don’t have a suitable moniker – so, somewhat foolishly, the SCSD board decided to let fans vote for their club name of choice.

With the vote now entering its fourth and final round, it should come as little surprise that ‘Footy McFooty Face’ is currently streaking ahead in the polls…

It’s Boaty McBoatface all over again – though it remains to be seen if Soccer City will actually honour the whim of the people, unlike the wretched flakes at the Natural Environment Research Council.

On a related note, wouldn’t ‘Footy McFootface’ work better, at least in terms of how it scans?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/mls/253355/new-san-diego-football-club-make-mistake-of-asking-fans-to-decide-team-name-as-footy-mcfooty-face-leads-vote.html

On 3/30/2017 at 14:09, villa4europe said:

It's not even footy mcfooty face that's the worst option...

San Diego bad hombres...

San Diego surf...

mission San Diego...

**** me

everyone knows they should be called San Diego maradona 

At least San Diego Surf would make sense. 

I mean it would be a bit shit, but compared the Pittsburgh Penguins (or many other similarly nonsensical choices) it's not that bad. 

Schweinstiger scored on his debut.

I don't watch a huge amount of MLS but it's the league to go for amateur gamblerss....every game seems to have at least 4 goals as none of the teams can defend so easy money to bet on more than 3 goals a game I'd suggest.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Schweinstiger scored on his debut.

I don't watch a huge amount of MLS but it's the league to go for amateur gamblerss....every game seems to have at least 4 goals as none of the teams can defend so easy money to bet on more than 3 goals a game I'd suggest.

Bit like the Aussie league. Lots of goals but crap odds

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Sevilla are the team to back for goalless draws now. 1.03 at the start for a goal.

they have had 3 0-0 draws all season in league. they are hardly Man Utd ;)

Â