Dating Websites

PieFacE

I say again, just go to Flares on a Friday night

The place is full of women off dating sites so you can see, touch, feel & test drive the goods rather than weeks of texts/BBM's and boring phone calls

Might be full of women off dating sites, but not the good ones.

• 3 months later...

Right, so finally I've actually found someone who I like on POF and I think likes me. Which is **** rare I tell you!

We've been chatting quite a lot over the past few days and each message is just getting bigger and bigger. To a point where they are taking 20-30 minutes to write.

Only issue is she is a student in Birmingham but has finished for the year, she's now gone home and will be back in a month or two. So i'm not too sure whether it would be best to kind of tone down the messages until we get in a situation where we can meet, or to just keep them going the way they are?

I don't really want to run the risk of getting to know each other so much over the internet, that when we do eventually meet it would just seem a bit strange and awkward? I remember someone saying (possibly B6) that it's best to not speak so much over the internet and to just go meet each other, as there could be no chemistry or whatever when you do meet.

What do you think?

I say again, just go to Flares on a Friday night

The place is full of women off dating sites so you can see, touch, feel & test drive the goods rather than weeks of texts/BBM's and boring phone calls

Might be full of women off dating sites, but not the good ones.

This

my mate drags me in there when we stay up after a game every now and then .. he chats up these fat old things with more tattoos than Max Cady .. I don't think I've ever seen a decent bird in there

Right, so finally I've actually found someone who I like on POF and I think likes me. Which is **** rare I tell you!

We've been chatting quite a lot over the past few days and each message is just getting bigger and bigger. To a point where they are taking 20-30 minutes to write.

Only issue is she is a student in Birmingham but has finished for the year, she's now gone home and will be back in a month or two. So i'm not too sure whether it would be best to kind of tone down the messages until we get in a situation where we can meet, or to just keep them going the way they are?

I don't really want to run the risk of getting to know each other so much over the internet, that when we do eventually meet it would just seem a bit strange and awkward? I remember someone saying (possibly B6) that it's best to not speak so much over the internet and to just go meet each other, as there could be no chemistry or whatever when you do meet.

What do you think?

Mr Face, I'm really sorry to do this to you, but I am the Birmingham Student.

That thing I made you do to prove you are genuine? That going in the Phunnays tomorrow. Now wash your hands.

What do you think?

Yes I did say not to keep chatting online too long but this is a different situation due to her cirumstances. Where is she from?

The best thing to do is to start getting this going to text and then quickly get it onto the phone, maybe even go straight to phone, its an important step.

Dont cool things down as there isnt really any benefit to come from this.

Just go with the flow on this and follow your gut instinct, it is a bit to wait to meet but you do have webcam and video chat if the telephone calls go well.

What do you think?

You need to meet up pretty soon, otherwise you are just going to be building up this idea in your heads that can't be met when you finally meet each other in person.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Turns out it no longer matters anyway.....

Maybe im too shallow, or I have standards, either way it's not gunna work out! haha.

Why not? ......And standards aren't a bad thing

As many of you know I met my current GF on POF and 9 months later things are going well.

We were out with some friends a few weeks ago and we were asked where we met. I got embarrassed and said that we were introduced by a friend. When we left the GF asked why I said that.

Is it normal to feel embarrassed about meeting on-line?

As many of you know I met my current GF on POF and 9 months later things are going well.

We were out with some friends a few weeks ago and we were asked where we met. I got embarrassed and said that we were introduced by a friend. When we left the GF asked why I said that.

Apparently it's common. I can understand it. It does seem a little awkward and silly when you think about it. I met the hubster on myspace. But he told people we met on holiday for the longest time because he hated saying we met online. It just bothers some people more than others. I never much thought it mattered but a lot of people do. I think your reaction is actually in the majority.

Apparently it's common. I can understand it. It does seem a little awkward and silly when you think about it. I met the hubster on myspace. But he told people we met on holiday for the longest time because he hated saying we met online. It just bothers some people more than others. I never much thought it mattered but a lot of people do. I think your reaction is actually in the majority.

Thank you.

Maybe its a bloke thing as the GF didn't understand why I lied.

I just panicked!

Strange this one because all my mates and family know we met online (12 months next week bless) but on her side it was a blind date set up by a friend.

She says that it was because he mom is old fashoned and would not trust me if she knew that we met online, same with her friends. Her mates and mom love me to bits but its a bit late to say that we met online so just stick with the story until the day we get married and the best man starts coming out with all my old dating stories from online!!! :shock:

Strange this one because all my mates and family know we met online (12 months next week bless) but on her side it was a blind date set up by a friend.

She says that it was because he mom is old fashoned and would not trust me if she knew that we met online, same with her friends. Her mates and mom love me to bits but its a bit late to say that we met online so just stick with the story until the day we get married and the best man starts coming out with all my old dating stories from online!!! :shock:

Lol that would make some Best man speech hey ;)

Maybe im too shallow, or I have standards, either way it's not gunna work out! haha.

Well, we were getting along great on the POF mail thing, but her pictures on there were about 2 years old....... so when I added her on Facebook I guess I saw the real her :lol: ... and well, it weren't what I expected it to be.

Pretty much I'm judging her on how she looks even though we got on well. But I'm an incredibly fussy bastard! (with no right to be cos I don't exactly look like Brad Pitt)... So I guess i'm just shallow too!

Well, we were getting along great on the POF mail thing, but her pictures on there were about 2 years old....... so when I added her on Facebook I guess I saw the real her :lol: ... and well, it weren't what I expected it to be.

Pretty much I'm judging her on how she looks even though we got on well. But I'm an incredibly fussy bastard! (with no right to be cos I don't exactly look like Brad Pitt)... So I guess i'm just shallow too!

Yes very shallow, big mistake at times as sometimes you meet up and they look better and you get on a storm. The problem is also that you will be well pissed when it happens to you. How do I know? Cause I did it for a short time and its only when I got out of that habit that things got interesting. You will come across the fit looking girls and trust me the looks can compensate for other things.

I can understand if she totally lied but really think that if this is the way you are goingto go then you are pretty much going to fall into the sweet shop habit. Meet her and see how it goes.

I am not much to look at and had some girls judge before or during the meet which is great as i didnt want a shallow person but when I met my current GF I shit myself as she was a beauty but it went great as she didnt have that shallowness.

Probably too late now but meet her and let us know! :lol:

I'm not embarrassed at all when people ask how we met. Tell them straight up.

Best thing I have ever done and I've found my perfect girl. Why would I be ashamed of that? If anything I want to encourage others to do the same in the hope that they can find the happiness I have.

Yes very shallow, big mistake at times as sometimes you meet up and they look better and you get on a storm. The problem is also that you will be well pissed when it happens to you. How do I know? Cause I did it for a short time and its only when I got out of that habit that things got interesting. You will come across the fit looking girls and trust me the looks can compensate for other things.

I can understand if she totally lied but really think that if this is the way you are goingto go then you are pretty much going to fall into the sweet shop habit. Meet her and see how it goes.

I am not much to look at and had some girls judge before or during the meet which is great as i didnt want a shallow person but when I met my current GF I shit myself as she was a beauty but it went great as she didnt have that shallowness.

Probably too late now but meet her and let us know! :lol:

Cheers for advice dude! Problem I have is, it's not the way she looks (generally I really don't care about that), it's the size of her! Over the past 2 years she's put on rather a lot of weight, and I'm really not into 'big girls'... So I think meeting her would be a mistake.

Don't see why you'd be embarrased about that mate. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Better than "I met her pissed up one night down the boozer", surely? (which is where I met my GF, who I was too drunk to chat to properly)

Â