Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Hoping Gabby and Bent start up front and would like to see Delph starting in place of NRC or Petrov.

Can see an uninspiring draw (or loss) with Heskey up front and G Mac waffling on about how things are going to be great in the future.

We've got to get this monkey off our back and finally beat Wigan at home...3 points is an absolute must, mainly because I can't see us getting any more in our remaining matches...Hopefully the lads will do the business and can we can finally bring this season to an abrupt end.

We've got to get this monkey off our back and finally beat Wigan at home...3 points is an absolute must, mainly because I can't see us getting any more in our remaining matches...Hopefully the lads will do the business and can we can finally bring this season to an abrupt end.

A draw might be enough to mathematically guarantee staying up as of this weekend. We would then need Blackpool to lose at Spurs and Wolves to lose or draw against West Brom.

But a win would be much more satisfactory. It would guarantee that we stay up with points to spare, and would most likely mean that we would finish at least 14th (probably above Birmingham) even if we lost our last two.

So it would feel like "job done" as regards avoiding the worst in what has been a fairly awful season. The last two games would then seem like just a chance for some unexpected bonus points.

That said, we shouldn't be counting any chickens yet... this is Wigan at home we're talking about!

We really do need to win this game because if we lose and a couple of other results go against us with teams down the bottom end winning then it will be worrying going into the last two games! Win this game and the season is done really because let's be honest, we won't beat Arsenal and we'll be lucky to get anything off Liverpool.

I do think we'll win but it will be tight. I'll go for 2-1. I was glad to hear that N'Zogbia is doubtful so I'm hoping he does miss the game. Sums up how shit this season has been when I'm hoping that shit teams like Wigan are hit by injuries when we have to play them!

How pathetic is it that we are not totally confident of getting a win against such tripe? Depressing how far we have fallen this season.

If you look at this from an outsiders point of view I would fancy Wigan today. They are desperate for the points where we are (relatively) safe with nothing to play for.

This wont be an easy game!

Morpheus, that avatar is **** superb, where did you get it from?

2-0 Villa tomorrow, the lads know they don't want to go into the last 2 games still needing points. I'm unusually confident about this game!!

Thanks for that 'troon_villan.' Go to avatars.jurko.net/ Plenty to choose from and they are free :D

Hope your prediction about the game is correct? :flag:

5-1 home win

Bent with 3 and Gabby with 2

Anyone know any pubs in Solihull shwoing it ? They all seem to be showing SHA game :cry:

Just go to the game?

love to but cant today

How pathetic is it that we are not totally confident of getting a win against such tripe? Depressing how far we have fallen this season.

We've never beaten Wigan at home, so this season is irrelevent. Football isn't as simple as 'we're higher than them so we'll definatly win'.

I'm going to match Lawro's prediction. 2-1 Villa!