Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think we've been crap for long enough this season to stop assuming that we should beat teams like Wigan. We're down there for a reason and have not played well at all this year. I'm not confident about this but really want us to win for two reasons.

1) To ease my worrying about us going down.

2) To participate in a Summer Transfer Thread on the main forum board.

VILLA: Friedel; Walker, Dunne, Collins, L Young; Downing, Petrov, Reo-Coker, A Young; Heskey, Bent.

Subs: Pires, Albrighton, Bradley, Delfouneso, Delph, Cuellar, Marshall.

Good to see Delph on the bench, but no Bannan again which not to happy about.

Would rather see Fonz up top with Bent, but this team is strong enough for a 3-1 victory today! Bent, Downing and Heskey for me

I would love to be watching Bannan on BBC One right now - seeing him outclass Tarrababyat.

Yet Pires is on the bench ahead of him? Not happy - especially after Bannan's comments this week about Houllier.

Why oh why do we persist with sticking Pires on the bench, as per above what was the point of recalling Bannan??

Joke ain't it! Especially at this stage in the season when we literally have nothing to play for.

Wigan team v Villa: Al Habsi, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Caldwell, Watson, N'Zogbia, Moses, Cleverley, Boyce, Rodallega, Figueroa. Subs: Kirkland, Gohouri, Thomas, Di Santo, Gomez, McArthur, Sammon.