Scientific Experiment V3#06-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager manager this past 28 days?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager manager this past 28 days?

• Oui
    • Non

If someone wins all their games in charge - good month.

If someone doesn't win any games in charge - bad month.

Well if that is the criteria then all we need do is look at the results and there is no point in this thread is there? In which case I may as well lock it now or by your definition we will just have everyone voting yes because Houllier won the two games he was in charge of.

Lets just ignore everything else, ignore his decisions within those games and ignore the performances within them.

As I say if the question is purely down to results this thread and any future threads like it are absolutely pointless.

Tbf, nothing of this was said during the last poll when there were a few that voted "yes". I voted "no" in that poll as I like many others couldn't see anything positive in it. But those who voted yes were questioned very much and we never saw any comments about locking the thread or that it was subjective or that results wasn't everything, etc. So, why can't a "no"-vote be questioned in this one?

Sure a vote can be questioned but people can't dictate the criteria by which others vote and I would have said the same last month in any thread such as this.

I didn't dictate the criteria in which others voted. You stated the criteria and then I questionined it because a lot of what you had in this 'criteria' had been matched. That's what I was questioning. I didn't say 'You can't base your thoughts on substitutions/set-pieces' ...I simply stated, we hadn't conceded from a set-piece and also our substitutions were fine, in fact Gabby scoring from the bench was a very good sub.

Like me saying, I'll only like Darren Bent if he scored 7 goals, one game he has to score two goals, he also needs to score a header. ....then me saying "I still don't like him"

I didn't dictate the criteria in which others voted. You stated the criteria and then I questionined it because a lot of what you had in this 'criteria' had been matched.

No, that isn't accurate. You tried to dictate the criteria by saying the vote should be based upon results, you then asked my what I based my vote upon if not results which I answered. You then tried to claim those things had been achieved, which I told you several times was your opinion not mine. I'm not going to get into a debate over that because its pointless.

He'd only meet with my approval if he left the club
Hypothetical question - if he stayed on and we finished 6th next season and won the FA Cup (I know this isn't very likely) would he meet with your approval then?
Tell you what let me ask you a hypothetical question that has more chance of coming true.

What if we lost all our remaining games, just stayed up by the skin of our teeth and finished 16th or 17th, would he then NOT meet with your approval. To be honest I get the impression even if we get relegated you'll still approve.

Your scenario, in fact anyone who says "Ok but what if we win X or finish X" is frankly absurd and desperate. Lets judge on the evidence of the season past shall we and not on some notion of possible future success that will not happen with him in charge.

You may as well ask "what happens if we win the league then dominate the champions league for the next ten years would he meet with your approcval"

Hypothetical question - if he stayed on and we finished 6th next season and won the FA Cup (I know this isn't very likely) would he meet with your approval then?
Tell you what let me ask you a hypothetical question that has more chance of coming true.

What if we lost all our remaining games, just stayed up by the skin of our teeth and finished 16th or 17th, would he then NOT meet with your approval. To be honest I get the impression even if we get relegated you'll still approve.

Your scenario, in fact anyone who says "Ok but what if we win X or finish X" is frankly absurd and desperate. Lets judge on the evidence of the season past shall we and not on some notion of possible future success that will not happen with him in charge.

You may as well ask "what happens if we win the league then dominate the champions league for the next ten years would he meet with your approcval"

You still didn't answer the question. I get the impression some people wouldn't approve of him whatever he did which I find rather bizarre.

Anyway, even if we did just scrape up, that would depend on who was actually in charge. Gary Mac or him. Regardless, if we were relegated I would obviously not approve of him and I think you knew that. I think most people here know that I wouldn't support him if we were relegated. It's not like I've constantly supported him. Compared to most people on here I've been very supportive but in real terms I haven't.

...in fact anyone who says "Ok but what if we win X or finish X" is frankly absurd and desperate. Lets judge on the evidence of the season past...and not on some notion of possible future success...
That's a bit harsh, isn't it. I imagine that people will put different weight on different factors when they make a judgement. For me, I want him gone, but I think it's not "desperate and absurd" to hold the view that the circs were such this season that conceivably he would do better next year - he won't have arrived extremely late on, with no transfer window to work with, with a squad completely of someone else's choosing, with little knowledge of the players...etc.. etc.

And if someone thinks that given a fair wind, the degree by which he should do better is enough for them, whether it be winning something, or finishing [wherever] then it seems fair enough to me. Not absurd or desperate at all.

I guess people will think about further uncertainty if we change, again. All kinds.

Me, I've taken the view that there are better, gettable options, that even given the hard circs, he's made things worse for himself, that his health is important, that the errors, as I see them, with the coaching and player relations are more than enough to say, er, "enough".

It's not like I've constantly supported him

Hahahahahahaha..........oh you were serious :oops:

Yep, because it's true - I haven't always supported him. For example, after the Wolves game - I didn't say anything about him really. Just because I'm not flying out of the blocks to call for his head and insult him doesn't mean I supported him.

...I get the impression some people wouldn't approve of him whatever he did which I find rather bizarre....
This is missing the point. The question surely set up to say "do you approve of how he's done this month, basically". Like I said, there's an element of future prediction as to how people feel he will do next month and beyond, in most answers, but if someone thinks he's done and doing a sub-standard job, and there's plenty of evidence that he is and has, then you can't knock them for saying "he done bad, get rid", can you?

You still didn't answer the question.
I did. I said I do not believe the premise of the question.

Anyway, even if we did just scrape up, that would depend on who was actually in charge. Gary Mac or him. .

He has been in charge most of the season, so you would excuse him because he wasn't there for the last three games? Does that also mean you would want Mcallister to get the manager's job if we won the next three games 5-0 ?

You still didn't answer the question.
I did. I said I do not believe the premise of the question.

Anyway, even if we did just scrape up, that would depend on who was actually in charge. Gary Mac or him. .

He has been in charge most of the season, so you would excuse him because he wasn't there for the last three games? Does that also mean you would want Mcallister to get the manager's job if we won the next three games 5-0 ?

Tbf it'll be the last 5 games and if we lose the last 3 GM's record will be 0-1-4 and just before GH got ill we started to look a little better I'd say. So I can see where he comes from. Still, I think we should part with Gh after the season as his health is too much of a risk for both us and him.

Â