Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Quietly confident of a result here, we will certainly be more suited to playing against a side who actually tries to play football as opposed to boring Stoke. I would however swap Heskey for Gabby, thought it was a tad harsh he didn't start today if I'm honest.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd drop NRC and give Makoun an opportunity or I'd just drop Heskey and put Makoun in middle alongside them both. With Young and Downing supporting Bent.

That's a bit harsh on NRC I think he's done really well in a lot of games this season I'd rather drop Petrov. I agree that Makoun would be better suited too this game as WBA are not the most physical of teams.

As we're away from home and the baggies are in good form, i'd switch to a 4-5-1 (or 4-3-2-1) to add a little more in the middle of the park and prevent their quick ball to Odemwingie.

Heskey should be the sacrificial lamb, with Makoun taking his place in the starting XI.

I'd go for:

................Friedel

Walker.Dunne.Collins.Young

....Makoun.Petrov.NRC

Downing....................Young

................Bent

Subs: Marshall, Clark, Cuellar, Delph, Albrighton, Gabby, Heskey.

Think this will be tight but Bent will bag another Villa brace and we'll win, 1-2.

2-1 WBA imo they are in too good-a form for us.

------------Friedel

Walker-Collins-Clark-Young

---------Petrov-Delph

Downing--------------Young

---------Heskey-Bent

They are 5th in the form guide and we are 7th, we got a point at Everton who are 4h but where second when we played them.

They have only won 1 from the last 6 at home and are one of the worse team at home on form, although Stoke where with their away form

Odemwingie will score against us and i hope in the summer he becomes a Villa player to play in behind Bent.

Interesting game this and very hard to predict! They are a much tighter unit now since Roy has got them organised so we might not have the room to play a more passing game that some are predicting on here.

We lack cutting edge through the middle to supply Bent and they have Dorrans, who, if fit, will along with Odemwingie give us loads to be concerned about.

Our first defeat in a while coming up but i'd take a draw.

All the Olbion fans seem to think they are going to smash us simply because they haven't beat us in the league for a good while...Similar to Wolves then :bang:

Hope we can silence the deluded prats.