• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Downing 67)
    • Agbonlahor (for Heskey 79)

Stoke City are the most boring and disgraceful team to ever play in the Premier League.

Never have I seen a team FROM THE KICKOFF try to constantly get the ball as far back to just hoof it in the air, play to just get set pieces, and then kick the other team up in the air when not in possession.

Absolutely disgusting to watch. I'm not saying every team should try and emulate Barcelona, but Stoke City and their dick of a manager need to **** off and the sooner the better.

Didn't somebody have Pulis down as a manager we'd like instead of Houllier? No thanks!

Ugly, ugly, cynical football from Stoke. Time wasting and stopping the other teams momentum at every opportunity while stacking 9 to 10 behind the ball and trying to feed off low percentage hoofs on the break. Truly dire.

And yet, Pulis did his homework - GMac did not.

Pulis knew we use the flanks to cross the ball in as our main attacking weapon so he had Downing and Young double-marked all game. Huth had Heskey in his pocket which meant Bent had to operate with another 3 defenders in the box. That he scored was remarkable - and a great header too.

Gmac, on the other hand, kept Petrov, NRC and Heskey on the pitch. Nothing wrong with those players but we needed some creativity down the middle. I was begging for either Makoun or even Pires to get a run early in the 2nd half - but it never came. To perfectly illustrate the point, even Dunne had a good run down the middle in the second half, such was the space afforded in the middle up until their box.

But substitutes never came and, as such, it was so easy for Stoke that we didn't even muster a shot on goal. Not good enough, gmac!

As for the player ratings, they all get a 6 except Bent (7). I thought they did well trying to break down Stoke, but couldn't do it with the personnel on the pitch, the cynical style of play from the opposition and lax refereeing for what were really obvious fouls and time wasting (even on a lousy stream).

I just arrived at Liverpool Lime Street on my way back from the match and some random bluenose word removed took a swing at me as I was on my way down the road. Hit me in the bloody eye for no reason. Luckily I managed to move my head a little so he didn't catch it anywhere near full impact, but bloody hell. They really are scum. Big fat baldy bluenose knuckle-dragging word removed!

Nothing ever changes mate. You either have class or you don't and its a fact that most Blues fans don't.

Back on topic it was ugly anti football from Stoke but I think they would have turned us over a few weeks ago. I know we are still not anywhere near a good as we could be but I do think we have improved a bit, enough to stay up anyway. Stoke came for a point and got it. The only comfort I take is that we are probably safe now, not quite but just about.

I echo the sentiment that I cannot wait for this season to be over. You could not have made up what has happened to us.

The booing Pennant got reminded me of when Barry came back!

I couldn't help but laugh everytime he came over to take a corner in front of the Holte and "W*NKER, W*NKER, W*NKER!" came out, we need to do that more often to scummy players...

:lol:

Stoke are a shite team, but I don't get the theory of we could do nothing about it? They lost their last 7 away games or something hadn't they. Anyway, we controlled long periods of the second half without creating much. Story of the season at times.

"]
i thought we were hopeless tbh. Begovic without a save to make in the 2nd half.

Its hard you dunda head with 9 stoke players behind the ball everytime.

[quote="smetrov

Haven't they lost the last 7 prem away games ? ......not that hard then.

They played a big defensive side against us today, they played for a draw or a win off the counter only.

They did not play against Bolton like this (Bolton was'nt as boring) or many previous games with full on defence.

Pulis admitted in a post match interview that we are a stronger side so he new straight away his tactics for us.

Not excusing we could have been better, just confirming there style of play for today.

Since you put it that way... :|

Stoke are a shite team, but I don't get the theory of we could do nothing about it? They lost their last 7 away games or something hadn't they. Anyway, we controlled long periods of the second half without creating much. Story of the season at times.

Aye.

We have also only beaten them once in our last 8 meetings.

Simple fact is that we struggle to break teams down when they turtle.````````

Yes Stoke play basic football but we didn't have the quality to beat them and that is worrying.

We will really struggle again next season if we don't get some cutting edge into our play and we must buy the players to do that.

Benayoun might be available from Chelsea in the summer and he would be ideal to play in the hole behind Bent to add that much needed creativity!

i thought we played ok at best,bent again looked class with his finish,i only wish he had more service,super marc looked bright on the right untill ash decided he wanted to play on the right, stoke came for a point & it felt like a loss as they got thier point..the ref was poor for both sides

First post, but was motivated to write after getting back from this game.

Blimey what a horrible side Stoke are. I was interested to hear that McCarthy has said that they were bullied to a defeat by them yesterday, I think it's testament to our skill and professionalism that we didn't get rattled by their gamesmanship on Saturday.

I've got a bottle of champagne in my fridge with 'Birmingham relegated' written on the side, I'll be opening it around this time next year I think. I am also going to invest in another for Stoke. The Premier League will be a better place without them.

I've got a bottle of champagne in my fridge with 'Birmingham relegated' written on the side, I'll be opening it around this time next year I think. I am also going to invest in another for Stoke. The Premier League will be a better place without them.

You shouldn't keep champagne in the fridge, it will go flat. It doesn't take long to chill in the freezer though. :mrgreen:

Â