• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Downing 67)
    • Agbonlahor (for Heskey 79)

i thought we were hopeless tbh. Begovic without a save to make in the 2nd half.

Its hard you dunda head with 9 stoke players behind the ball everytime.

Haven't they lost the last 7 prem away games ? ......not that hard then.

Freidal MOTM - for a couple of top class saves early on. Nobody had a real stinker rest were just adequate. What we seemed to lack was any consistent game plan. For example young kept coming into the middle - and Albrighton switched wings about 10 minutes into his 25.

Loads of possession 2nd half - but as someone else said the keeper never had a save to make.

happy enough with a point.

"]

i thought we were hopeless tbh. Begovic without a save to make in the 2nd half.

Its hard you dunda head with 9 stoke players behind the ball everytime.

[quote="smetrov

Haven't they lost the last 7 prem away games ? ......not that hard then.

They played a big defensive side against us today, they played for a draw or a win off the counter only.

They did not play against Bolton like this (Bolton was'nt as boring) or many previous games with full on defence.

Pulis admitted in a post match interview that we are a stronger side so he new straight away his tactics for us.

Not excusing we could have been better, just confirming there style of play for today.

One lack of concentration cost us. Great finish by Bent. Young (L) and Walker both impressed. I don't get all the hate for Collins and Heskey, they both won damn near all in the air, some good saves from Friedel, I thought Albrighton was poor, and NRC/Stan both worked hard. Begovic should have been sent off, and we were denied at least one stonewaller. Average result against a horrible team.

I thought Villa played way too deep in midfield, which is why Stoke seemed to pick up the loose ball. The only decent cross we put in to the box today, we scored from. I thought our play up to the fianl third was ok but our final ball was shocking. Truly piss poor. We have a true striker in our team, feed him with better delivery.

I thought we got better as the game went on. First half was poor but we improved in the second half. Ashley Young was shocking. The man cannot cross. Please take him away from corner taking and free kicks. Downing wasn't bad enough to be taken off and I think should have swapped to the left before being hauled off. NRC, man of the match? Oh dear. Petrov and NRC were just too dep to effect the game. Not enough men in the box, but then again, why bother when Villa's final ball is wank? A fair score given we had only two attempts on goal throughout. Can anyone explain why it took the referee 84 minutes to punish their time wasting keeper?

One lack of concentration cost us. Great finish by Bent. Young (L) and Walker both impressed. I don't get all the hate for Collins and Heskey, they both won damn near all in the air, some good saves from Friedel, I thought Albrighton was poor, and NRC/Stan both worked hard. Begovic should have been sent off, and we were denied at least one stonewaller. Average result against a horrible team.

collins won 1 header against jones today, it was a corner in the first half when they had 5 corners in a row.

he lost just about every other one. he also needlessly booted the ball 50 yards to stoke or out of play a very minimum of 15 times whith no pressure on him and options all around him. today he was wank.

heskey was not even there, his name was down as being on the pitch and all that but i didnt see him all game and im sure that was the easiest game ever for their defender who was told before kick off to look after heskey. he also has about 2 stone tucked under his shirt he didnt have in january.

What? I watched it, and it seemed Collins had the better of him.... hence their lack of attacks from the long ball. They only threatened from set pieces.

I just arrived at Liverpool Lime Street on my way back from the match and some random bluenose word removed took a swing at me as I was on my way down the road. Hit me in the bloody eye for no reason. Luckily I managed to move my head a little so he didn't catch it anywhere near full impact, but bloody hell. They really are scum. Big fat baldy bluenose knuckle-dragging word removed!

What? I watched it, and it seemed Collins had the better of him.... hence their lack of attacks from the long ball. They only threatened from set pieces.

They scored from a set piece. Stoke are the Wimbledon, circa 1980, of today. A long ball monster who play to their strengths. Jones did Collins nearly every time today I'm afraid. I like Collins for his passion etc but I thought Jones had a very decent game. He deserves better than Stoke City.

Been back a while now, such a frustrating afternoon. Cannot stand Stoke. They are really **** horrible. How people pay to watch them week in week out I do not know. Really hope they get relegated. Why were they timewasting when it was nil nil and why did it take the ref such a long time to book one fo them for it? Begovic was a disgrace and should have had two yellows long before he got one.

What is it with Delap and these long throws too, has anybody noticed them? Seriously though, he should have been booked for each throw taking over 30 seconds.

Brings me on to the ref... he was shocking. Absolutely terrible. Had no hold on the game at all and him and both linesmen consistently gave decisions the wrong way for both teams.

Positives:

- Darren Bent. Love him so much. Wasn't given a sniff but scored a **** brilliant header. 7 in 12, can't argue with that.

- Kyle Walker, sign him up. Doesn't work so well in tandem with Ash though. No idea why Alby was sent out to the left, that's Ash being selfish again.

Dunne went on a few mazy runs :lol:

MOTM Petrov.

Hate hate hate Stoke.

Stoke are the epitome of ugly shit football.

We let them score from the most obvious route.

Darren Bent is gonna be a legend.

The ref was a cuuuuuuuuunt, we should have had at least 2 penalties.

Friedel - 6 - decent shot stopper but does not command his area at all.

Walker - 7.5 - good game. Went forward well and had Etherington in his pocket. He had a lot of space on the right hand side and Petrov neglected to get it out to him several times, keeping it tight and ultimately losing the ball.

Dunne & Collins - 4 - not good enough. Bossed by Jones.

Young - 7 - solid defensively but right foot means he has to chexk back all of the time.

Downing - 7.5 - our main attacking threat. Looked good and his left foot has improved massively. Shouldn't have been taken off.

Petrov - 5.5 - one decent run in the first half but did little else productive. Really can't see how some can make him MOTM.

NRC - 6.5 - better of the two for me. Sharper than Petrov and gets things going.

Ash - 5 - Pants. £25m? Yes please!!!!

Heskey - 5 - Poor. Bullied by Huth and Cresswell and he shouldn't be bullied by anyone. Can only imagine he stayed on to assist with defending set pieces because he did FA else and should have come off at HT for Gabby.

Bent - 7 - looked sharp. Great goal.

Albrighton - 5.5 - too predictable. Needs to get his head up more.

Gabby - 7 - looked to take the physical battle to Stoke and was bright when he came on for the poor Heskey.

We cannot play 4-4-2 with NRC and Petrov in the middle. They both sit too deep and there is a big gap between them and the strikers, none of whom have the game to drop deep and link up to the CM.

The ref was useless - Huth gets away with murder and the time wasting was ridiculous.

its what stoke do best, they suck you in to playing their style of football and because its the lowest denomoinator its so easy to play but they are **** better than you at it

1st half especially absolutely dire, we should have peppered ther goal but all game looked like a team without conficedence

not sure how nige won MOTM, showed his faults IMO he had so much of the ball but did absolutely **** all with it

did make me laugh on the way home how stoke fans were moaning how the holte got begovic booked, after 20 mins he was time wasting

I just arrived at Liverpool Lime Street on my way back from the match and some random bluenose word removed took a swing at me as I was on my way down the road. Hit me in the bloody eye for no reason. Luckily I managed to move my head a little so he didn't catch it anywhere near full impact, but bloody hell. They really are scum. Big fat baldy bluenose knuckle-dragging word removed!

Unbelievable!! What is actually going through that blokes head at the time!!??

Hope you are alright

UTV

Unbelievable!! What is actually going through that blokes head at the time!!??

Hope you are alright

UTV

Homer%2BBrain.jpg

Apparently this was him!

Back to the game, didn't get to go yesterday and judging from th 'highlights' on motd, not much happened. Reasonably happy with a point i guess, thats 4 unbeaten now! Ned to take something from the boggies game.

Â