dudevillaisnice

Sorry,but I don't see anyone in the Everton squad that could improve ours

Improve our squad?

We currently have players like Salifou and Knight on the Bench. Are you saying players like Cahill, Arteta and Jagielka, even if they didn't make our first 11 (Which Cahill and Arteta most likely would), wouldn't improve our squad?

Lets put it another way, there isnt a player in Evertons first team squad that would start a game for us if all our squad was fit, they might have players that would improve our bench

Improve our squad?

We currently have players like Salifou and Knight on the Bench. Are you saying players like Cahill, Arteta and Jagielka, even if they didn't make our first 11 (Which Cahill and Arteta most likely would), wouldn't improve our squad?

Lets put it another way, there isnt a player in Evertons first team squad that would start a game for us if all our squad was fit, they might have players that would improve our bench

I reckon Arteta would be in with a decent chance of playing the offensive player in a 4-3-3.

Improve our squad?

I reckon Arteta would be in with a decent chance of playing the offensive player in a 4-3-3.

Yup, i think Cahill Arteta and yakubu and even saha would feel hard done by if they weren't regularly starting for us. Also, as much as I love Bouma, Lescott would be pusshing for a left back spot.

It's funny old world isn't it, cos there is only a few of your players I would want in our team at the most - Ash Young, Agbonlahor and at a push Laursen. No disrespect but I'm guessing it's more to do with the fact that we see more of our own players than the other teams.

And probably the fact that our teams are very similar. So where as Davies might be better than Jagielka (not saying he is, just giving an example) there wouldn't be very much in it, and you would prefer to keep your player even if he was slightly less good, because he is your player.

Dunno if that made any sense :D

And probably the fact that our teams are very similar. So where as Davies might be better than Jagielka (not saying he is, just giving an example) there wouldn't be very much in it, and you would prefer to keep your player even if he was slightly less good, because he is your player.

Exactly, but Jags is better soo :winkold:

Oh and I can guarentee soon, you'll all be wanting big Mo Fellaini 8)

trying to be as neutral as possible this is the joint team I would pick

Howard

Young (L) Davies Yobo Lescott (only because Bouma is not fit)

Petrov

Arteta Barry Cahill Young (A)

Gabby

6 from us and 5 from you

Your saying you wouldn't have the highest Premier League goalscorer over the past 5 years in your team?Really? :shock:

He is the best actual finisher that I can remember playing for us. Saying that he should of buried that chance in first half yesterday but I'm basing that on low confidence :lol:

Exactly, but Jags is better soo :winkold:

Oh and I can guarentee soon, you'll all be wanting big Mo Fellaini 8)

I've been very impressed with Fellaini. I was worried for you atf first that he was a bit of a "O look he was good against liverpool so lets buy him" sort of purchase, but he's looked very decent imo.

Yakubu, I guess you mean

I think he is shit and lazy, now most on here will disagree and obviously his record is very good but when I look at teams I look at what players contribute and he does very little in a game. Now you will say he scores loads of goals but when picking between players and a system there is no one I would drop for him.

I've been very impressed with Fellaini. I was worried for you atf first that he was a bit of a "O look he was good against liverpool so lets buy him" sort of purchase, but he's looked very decent imo.

We bid for him twice before the Liverpool games :P

Those games just confirmed that he was a star in the making. He is still only 20, and I think people are forgetting that. He is starting every game and is the same ages as Vaughan and Anichebe.

The Liege fans we spoke to were saying £15million was a bargain in there eyes.

Yakubu, I guess you mean

I think he is shit and lazy, now most on here will disagree and obviously his record is very good but when I look at teams I look at what players contribute and he does very little in a game. Now you will say he scores loads of goals but when picking between players and a system there is no one I would drop for him.

Now see, I thought that when we signed him. I was actually really angry that we had spent £11 million on him when I felt there was other options that would of fitted in better. He worked pretty damn hard last year, less so this year and I can't put my finger on why. Anyway, he is not really given enough credit for his vision and awareness cos it really is top drawer. If he gets back his work rate (yes funny I know) this year then he will score 20 again, I've no doubts.

If he gets back his work rate (yes funny I know) this year then he will score 20 again, I've no doubts.

It'll be very interesting to see how many he does finish with this season. Traditionally doesn't he have a fantasic start to the season, be on 14 goals by Christmas then go into hibernation until April and finish on about 17?

If he's not going to have his normal pre-winter for then is he going to have his spurt later in the year or just finish on about 6 goals?

The yak is a bit like Berbatov in that respect, and le Tiss before them. Yes they don't really work hard and could be preceived as "lazy" but they are natural finishers. As good as gabby's finishing is becoming, I don't think we have anyone inour team who is on that natural finishing ability as the likes of Yak etc.

If he's not going to have his normal pre-winter for then is he going to have his spurt later in the year or just finish on about 6 goals?

If he finishes on 6 goals I will put him infront of the firing squad, he already has 5 :lol: :cry:

Â