dudevillaisnice

Everton are definitely a threat this season, itwould be nauve of us to think otherwise.

I still think we'll finish 5th but to say Everton won't be a threat is very risky.

And as for how many would make our 18? Quite a lot

Saha, Yakubu, Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, Osman, Vaughan, Howard, Jag, off the top of my head are all quality.

both

Jagielka is a CB/DM right, we surely dont need any more of those :lol:

and RB

replace knight and as cover

But realistically Jagielka wouldnt be happy as 4th choice at any Premiership club. I dont think he is as good as Davies or Cuellar and certainly not Laursen. I think Everton have done so well defensively in the past because their midfield has given them alot of protection, whereas quite obviously ours dont. I think this season they're actually missing a little bald man in defensive midfield, and the defence is more exposed as a result.

I really have no idea, are Everton borrowing for transfers? UEFA cup doesnt earn any money so we're led to believe and I dont know whether Kenwright is minted or not (was under the impression he was broke tbh).

they have the cash from TV and thats just about it

and difficult to sell because of all the uncertainty over the ground

Yeah, I like Jagielka. It would be a good fight between him, Davies and Cuellar for a place next to Laursen.

I have to be honest, as much as I rate the likes of Arteta and Cahill, Everton don't really have anyone to match the sheer volume of quality that Young produces, even when he's been off colour for most of this season. Arteta maybe, when he's on top of his game, is close.

You would think though that with the combination of the two, Cahill/Arteta, Everton would create more than they do. But they seem overly workmanlike for a challenge on the top 4. They're missing something and I suspect it's tactical.

Yakubu is a natural, but I expect Gabby will score more goals this season and in the future. I do like Saha though, a vastly underrated player. BUT, who out of the two is doing the donkey work? I don't see either of them in the Andy Johnson mould.

Everton just have too many question marks for my liking....

Yep, sorry, forgot about Pienaar.

So why are you so workmanlike and dull? I respect what Moyes has done, he's been fantastic for the club. But man oh man show a little invention, take the shackles off a little and you might go somewhere.

I don't see him doing it.

Sorry,but I don't see anyone in the Everton squad that could improve ours

Improve our squad?

We currently have players like Salifou and Knight on the Bench. Are you saying players like Cahill, Arteta and Jagielka, even if they didn't make our first 11 (Which Cahill and Arteta most likely would), wouldn't improve our squad?

Pienaar as well, so underrated by anyone whos not Everton fans. Works unbeliavably hard, 17 assists last season.

I'm pretty sure that figure is wrong. The Premier League website says he had 6. Where did 17 come from?

All competitions, he got 5 against Brann alone, in one game.. :winkold:

Pienaar as well, so underrated by anyone whos not Everton fans. Works unbeliavably hard, 17 assists last season.

I'm pretty sure that figure is wrong. The Premier League website says he had 6. Where did 17 come from?

My bad! Very Impressive! :)

Young got 17 in the PL alone :winkold:

Young got 17 in the PL alone :winkold:

Yeah but we had Arteta taking set pieces so all of Pienaars were from open play ;)

Â